Gray's defensive scheme

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That made me so mad. I'd be like, "Who the F left Gronk open"... and then I saw it was Wimbley. Why would you put a DEFENSIVE END on the best TE in the league? Stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Meanwhile the Patriots 2nd round Linebacker is running about making plays and ours is sat on the bench chilling.... Man we sure coulda used a Centre or a RG instead, I just dont get it.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm simply hoping to at least be this

4. scb009

scb009 Camp Fodder

I agree 100% we played soft on defense n let patriots do whatever they want with us if we took more chances on the blitz and jam there receivers because I bet money none of them can beat the bump. As for griffin (one of my favorite Titans) need to play his real position and play like his pro bowl self n not like this soft ass player who cant tackle and as for the offence the line needs work with run blocking and cj need to get out of that money high and show why he deserve it

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

In the last 2 drafts we went offense in the first round when there were impact guys available on defense. Imagine our defense with the addition of JJ Watt and Hightower. So we do have to consider that.

They had to take Locker with that 8th pick knowing that the other desirable QBs were not going to be there and i think with Britt's injury they needed to take Wright. Maybe next year we can get a guy who can make a real difference.

We sure in the hell need to start drafting some safeties because the three guys we have now are a joke.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why do people keep mentioning the 3-4? We signed Wimbley because we felt he was better suited as a 4-3 end than the way he had been used in Cleveland and Oakland.

We have used a great deal of draft capital on the D-line with Morgan-Marks-Casey-Martin and we are thin at linebacker.

Who would be our other inside backer in a 3-4 look? Spoon?

I wish people would stop bringing the issue up. traditional 3-4 teams like the pats-ravens-Jets are using the 4-3 now.

How in any way could a 3-4 look improve what is wrong with this defense?

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I was just gonna ask that, did anyone see Zach out there trying to cover those TEs? I thought that Gray would use him here more often here.

I like Will and i have been a fan of him for a while, even before he came here. I think he is a great player and character. But at this point, we have our future at LB in the three young'ins (Akeem, Colin, and Zach). I expect them to phase in Zach more as the season moves forward. It would be wise to let them play together and see how they do. Also, give them game time to grow together.

Plus some speed to help chase those RBs would be greatly appreciated right now since it looks like we might have another year of shoddy run D.

I'm hoping he can use his smaller size and elite speed to cut and knife into the backfield to make some impact plays (sacks, negative runs, hurries, etc...).

--
    Also, regarding the debate between ATV vs JMac, i too think that ATV is the better player based on their respective sample sizes, and have said so many times before. Yesterday though, they both played at about the same level.

--
    Random:
    Did u guys see Vince W. out there? Imagine if we coulda gotten that production from lazy boy Smith, we'da been a different team out there the past two years. I forgot what its like having a big DT who does stuff ala Albert days.

I really need Mike to pan out we need some EFFECTIVE BEEF in the middle of the line - yesterday he wasnt too good either. With regards to Sen Derrick, i think he might actually be a good player now, i remember so many ppl wanted him gone (even me i think). I'm really interested to see how he plays (as a starter in the regular season) since our line actually looked good preseason and he is the 1 thing that changed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

preseason

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm actually worried about KW. I made it a point to watch him and while he was a bright spot kinda (for that play he got the sack), he too wasnt very effective - excluding the time he was made to cover the back end (TE).

I'm worried he's a 1-trick pony when pass rushing. I saw him too many times (almost every time if i remember correctly) try and do the same underneath move, where he essentially bends over and tries to go around/underneath the OT. I think it was the same one that got him the sack, but also he got pushed to the ground and/or away from the play most of the time.

With regards to his run stuffing abilities, if you make it a point to watch him, you'll see he was pushed back and/or eaten up by a linemen almost every time.... This definitely worries me.

I will be watching the game again (now that i have nfl game pass) to confirm, but i think thats what i remember from KW...

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Gray is who keeps bringing it up. He wanted to throw the look in to confuse opposing QBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar