Great chance to trade back this year . . . ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by adamwinn51, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I don't think anyone was gonna trade up for Warmack (or anyone else in that **** draft).

2. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Two Kings is making things up...

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

4. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Oh so posting a link to a blog that explores the idea of a trade, but no actual facts, means that a trade was offered?

Also the guy, Warmack, that the writer mentions would be the Titans go to and only trade if he went in the first 9 picks... didn't go in the first 9 picks.

Just drop it man. You blast Webster for never trading back. All I am claiming is that he never had a viable opportunity to trade back (that we know of). Picking Mariota was better than trading back, other than that staying put was the right thing to do.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I've been thinking the same thing. Unless Lynch and Goff don't impress much at the Combine or their Pro Day, one of those teams knows they can get the guy they really want. Problem is, for us, GM's often get too greedy and try to insist on the sticker price. It's more problematic for us to draft anyone at the No.1 spot, than to get what we can by trading back

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Oh but I thought I was making stuff up. I thought NO ONE actually thought we'd trade back. The truth of the matter is that there was speculation and desire to trade out and pick up extra draft picks, pretty much every year.

Why? Because this team needs so many holes filled EVERY YEAR. We've been rebuilding since we took Locker and haven't stopped since. How is it a surprise to you that people wanted Webster to trade back?

It boils down to this. You're claiming he never had a viable opportunity to trade back. I am. End of Story. We don't believe we can prove each other wrong, but at least I proved evidence of a team (Vikings) looking to trade up.

Webster's history is BPA in the 1st round. He hasn't strayed from that. There are always trade partners, but for whatever reason he doesn't follow through with them (stubbornness, fright, high expectations, etc)

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I said its doubtful we have a new GM by today

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

San Fran is probably the most likely to trade up for a QB... but that's only if the fall for a QB that Cleveland also falls for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar