Great Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cold hard steel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Keys to winning OT:

1. Don't let the game get to OT.
    2. Win the coin toss.
    3. Make defensive plays.

We didn't do #2 after we didn't do #1. We didn't do #3 after we didn't do #2. It really is that simple.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Our defense had been on the field most of the fourth quarter and then asked to come back out in the OT. I blame the Titans lack of offense in the fourth more than Cecil not finding a way to get pressure on Ben.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

According to Riverman we had solid coaching but we didn't execute. True I guess the FGs were examples of a lack of execution but the paper defense in the 4th quarter (letting the Steelers hold the ball for 8 minutes) and the zero resistance in overtime is an example of a coach not making any adjustments and just watching the game as doub founded as we the fans were.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No but they should go to a situation where each team at least gets to play offense once. Ideally the Steelers kick off and try to keep us out of the end zone. What is wrong with that?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The problem with OT is that a defensive PI will essentially lose the game. The defense IS behind the 8 ball in OT versus regulation. You have to be off the WR's to avoid the penalty so you are left with the option of breaking on the ball or insuring the tackle. We just never broke on the ball and they marched right down the field.

In the 4th quarter, Gage had 2 really bad drops- one on 3 and long on a SLGO (i think) that hit him in the palms of BOTH hands. He was behind the safety AND would not only have had the first down, but at least 15 or more yards. So I agree TJ that the WR part of our offense looked bad but the ST's were the real goat in this loss IMO.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No question gage was a major liability in overtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar