Greetings from a Raven Fan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeoGiant, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoGiant

GeoGiant Guest

Hi guys, I’m newbie here. I just wanted to drop you a line and say “THANK YOU” for McNair. When we were in the same division I really enjoyed the rivalry. I watched McNair play a lot of games against the Ravens but I never really focused on him…. I spent more time watching how the defense reacted. McNair has blown me away! He has taken a 6 and 10 team from last year and turned them into a playoff team with a first round bye. McNair says and does all the right things off and on the field - class act!

I think McNair has made many Raven fans root for the Titans. It is not uncommon to hear a guy in a purple jersey clap when Vince Young performs his magic – cheering is our odd way of giving you guys props. I’m sure it is hard to see McNair wearing another jersey. It would have killed me to see Cal Ripken in pinstripes!

Well, I only wanted to drop a line and say thanks, so thanks. Good luck on Sunday. Based on what I see from Young, you guys have a real keeper!

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

If he were here we'd be about 4-11 right now. Glad he's working out and on his way to maybe another Super Bowl... but also glad we have Vince here instead. Here's to Steve-o *toast*

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks, GeoGiant. Nice of you to drop by. Yeah, it is hard to see him in a Ravens uni, but many of us know his best chance to get a SuperBowl rests with you guys, so good luck to him and you both in that regard.

He has given us many many good years, and in my view and many others, Vince Young was the only one really suited to take the reigns over from "Papa." So in a way, having Young here means that McNair's legacy here lives on. Kinda weird, but true. It really turned out for the best, except for the debacled exit from Nashville. Many of us felt a little screwed for getting just a 4th for Steve, but I suppose it's not too bad when the option was just cutting him outright.

We thought you might get the oft-injured McNair, but fortunately for you, that guy hasn't shown up this year. You've got the warrior and the manager. You should know that he had a hand in designing his own media story, in terms of the perception of how we handled him, but he is a true class act and real character guy. Hope you get two or three good years out of him.

Some of us are wondering what Adalius Thomas might look like in a Titans uniform after this season. We feel you might owe us a playmaker or three at this point. :yes:

Thanks for dropping by, and please come again.

4. smili

smili Starter

It's good Steve is working out in a new city. I'm glad the Titans made the move they did though as we needed to move on past the Steve McNair era. We needed a chemistry shakeup badly - this team was dead in the water and now we've got some life.

5. GeoGiant

GeoGiant Guest

"Some of us are wondering what Adalius Thomas might look like in a Titans uniform after this season." AT reminds me of watching the Freak, back in the day. AT will be in for in for a big pay day that Baltimore can't afford. Young looks to be amazing.... for now and the future. Good Luck!

6. GeoGiant

GeoGiant Guest

The Ravens are old on both sides of the line. This team only has a year or two so this years run might be the last for quite awhile.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, we've realized your window is as narrow as ours once was. Just don't do the restructure thing, but Newsome seems more like the "blow it up" type.

Glad you guys like Young, too. He is like Steve squared without the experience. Hopefully this will be a good long ride for us.

8. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

If the Titans don't make the playoffs, I'm actually pulling for you guys to win the Super Bowl and give Steve McNair the ring he deserves. I think a lot, maybe even most, Titan fans feel that way. McNair is my favorite all-time football player, but I agreed it was time to let him move on to another team. I just didn't care for the way the Titans handled it early in the process with the lock out.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've had constantly-changing opinions on the move, but it's settled down to letting the rivalry die, and wishing Steve the best. It's just like going through a divorce.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

McNair had lost interest here, and the change of scenery is doing him good. We are thrilled with Vince. All's well that ends well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar