Gregg Williams Backs Out of Interview with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'm actually glad. I think we can do better both inhouse and outside.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Yeah, swag says it all, Bill has a swagger of a hundred thousand, trillion...right?

3. iQon

iQon Starter

He probably thought he was the token Rooney Rule interview.

4. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

More than likely he knew he wouldnt be able to bring his son with him, and he wants to keep a spot where he can

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There are many good coordinators in this league who were not good head coaches. Greg williams doesn't make any more sense to coach this team than Dom Capers, Mike Nolan or Rob Marinelli.

Fewell and Zimmer are every bit as good if not even better 4-3 DCs who have not had a chance to really be a head coach. I would much rather give them a try than a guy who couldn't produce one winning season in 3 with the Bills.

Those Bills teams were not well coached!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Compare the players Mularkey had with his last Bills team in 05 vs the players Williams had in his last year in 03. Mularkey was fired after a 5-11 season and Williams after a 6-10 season.

Williams had a stable vet QB in bledsoe, Mularkey has nobody.

Williams had a younger version of Moulds.

RB was a wash with Mcgahee vs Henry.

You could argue that Williams had more to work with on defense as well.

I like Mularkey better than Williams but prefer Fewell or Munch to either.

7. Ohio2Tenn

Ohio2Tenn Camp Fodder

I was never really big on him being a head coach candidate anyhow. He has a good thing going where he's at now. Some people thrive in smaller roles rather than overseeing a whole team.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not surprising. I felt like the bridges were burned already.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Love the sig alex. I noticed that Boise St didn't even have a top 50 recruiting class. Their days as a contender are done. Bama of course ruled.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Omar Epps is to Mike Tomlin as Charlie Sheen is to Jeff Fisher?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now we know why Sheen shaves LOL. And he's doing so well these days. Bad times ahead for Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar