Gregg Williams returning as Titans DC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

this guy said it perfect....he may not be cheap(i think he is unless he is senile and hands the keys to the stadium to a player) but some of the big names that i feel would help us the past couple years we dont even bring them in for a visit, some have looked great with new teams and some we got lucky that we didnt sign them...

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Didn't think this was thread worthy, but certainly worth 1 little post.

I guess Schulters may be an assistant here pretty soon.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You cray - Whiffin is always getting flagged. It's either:

A - Go helmet to helmet, get fined 15K
    B - Run right by the ball carrier
    C - Fall down

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

High-five for the self-restraint.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2 weeks from now Lance will be laughing at Griffin film with Munchak.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

ahhhhhhh, isn't that what we do now? How is that working for yea?
    Sure there are set strategies any team should adhere to and I'll agree most of the successful teams draft well, develop well and make good choices on who they keep and let go. But the Falcons did what would be unheard of and stupid when they traded a massive number of picks away for Jones in the draft and they did sign a pro bowl caliber CB in Samuel and that actually worked well for them.

Bottom line is the strategy is sound in TN what hasn't worked well is the coaching, the choice of draft picks and oh, don't forget we haven't had a legit starting caliber QB in about a decade. People wet all over themselves for years and still do at how wonderful the Pats organization is. They walk on water. Well really? They stumbled on a 6th round pick that ended up being one of the best QBs of all time is what they did. They are a perinnial playoff team year in and year out because of that one guy (the one year he was hurt the awesome organization didn't even make the playoffs). Same with the Packers really. They have been blessed to have top notch QB play as well with Rodgers coming on the heals of Favre. Imagine either the Pats, Steelers or Pack drafting VY and were they would be now.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Oh, I forgot to make the most imortant point about FA. If you have a real bad problem at one position why not address it with a real good FA assuming one is available? Take that total hell hole of a weakness and stick a guy in there who can play at a pro-bowl level and you get the most bang for your buck. The biggest example of that was Denver. We spent good money for Hutch and sure it might have cost a few mil more a year to get a real good, younger OG so yes, that is what we should have done. You solve that problem for years. So right now if there is a real top notch level SS out there I say pay the man even if you have to pay a little more than you want. Solve the problem. Then use any draft picks you might have burned trying to fix that problem somewhere else.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The one year he was hurt the Patriots finished 11-5.

Swing and a miss.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What really hurts the Patriots is not having video footage of other team's signals so that they know the playcalls in advance.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Probably a the "Quality Control" position. Hey, why not.

Also, the senior bowl always has tons of out of work coaches looking to catch on somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar