Gregg Williams signs with Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

This could get interesting if Schwartz does get the HC in Detroit. He could very well bring McGinnis with him and make him DC and pay him more then what Tennessee would or promote D-line coach Washburn as DC,or Cecil. I'm very curious to see who he brings if anyone...

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm going with Washburn
    he's long overdue

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This will be interesting to watch - DCs often like to take their guys with them, but Fisher has probably the most loyalty points with his coaches. My guess is McGinnis is faced with the decision DC of Titans or DC of Lions, and Titans win hands down. I think it might be more likely that a guy like Cecil could wind up as DC in Detroit, maybe.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think Washburn has any ambitions to do anything beyond coaching the line in Tennessee. IMO he's the best line coach the league may have ever seen. I'd love to see him do more, though.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I really wish Greg success in New Orleans. He looks to me like he is one heck of a coach... but I guess being an HC in the NFL is more than being a good coach.

Lets see what happends...

But I would have loved to have him back with the Titans... I knew there was no way with the quantity of HC spots available.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's not the head coach in New Orleans. Just the DC.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar