Griff starting at safety

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Griffin and Hope were both invisible today up until the interception by Hope. I don't think we'd have noticed if even Lamont came back for a snap or two...

2. Trey

Trey Guest

Yeah well what you didn't see while the camera is focused on the QB is that they probably had really good coverage because Culpepper never had anywhere to throw the ball. And Harper looked good today, he made a really good play on one deep pass that probably would have been caught against him last week. Our pass rush was amazing. At some points of the game it reminded me of that commercial where the seahawks are starting a bunch of little nerdy guys against the cardinals they the defensive line just runs over them.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

good thing we had him learn CB for 3 months when he could have been playing FS from the get go...

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's a great thing to say that we never noticed the safeties except for the INTs and some tackles on running plays. I hope we never see them again. We've gotten too used to watching the safeties giving up plays in the last few years. It's nice to have some young, hard hitting players getting into our secondary.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I agree.

Harper had a good game too,can't be a coincidence knowing he has a better safety blanket behind him.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i wonder if this will stick now? hopefully

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm pleasantly shocked Fisher made the move.

8. Divine Titan

Divine Titan Camp Fodder

As am I, but we really didnt get to see what Griffin could because he was never in a position to make a tackle. I honestly never saw him make a tackle the whole game, he was always around it but the guy would be tackled before he could get there. But that is a good thing that we didnt have to use our safetys that much.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yep, I'd be happy if Titans Safety replaced Maytag repairman as most stressless occupation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar