Griff surgery??!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigD73OT, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Does anyone know what Michael Griffin had surgery on?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

his shoulder. he's been wearing a harness on it the last two years.

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i came on here looking for a excuse of why griffen played so bad in coverage this yr(knee surgery,ankle surgery or brain surgery) i dont think i can convince myself that because of a bad shoulder griffen couldn't cover a golf club(or anything else this yr)

4. AH3

AH3 Rookie

When did he have it?

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

griff and hope were biting on the play action pass way to much this year. we had a good run D basically all year. if we were bad against the run, id understand why they might have struggled so much but there were really no excuses for how free they were letting some receivers run against them.

i was praising both at prior to the season saying we could have one of the best tandems in the nfl. i also thought they would provide better cover to make up for big al's loss. wow was i wrong....after this year i hope both players refocus and realize they need to worry more about he pass then the run.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wish he'd have surgery that involved acquiring some testicles.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

You could say that again. Griffin is most definitely one of the worst players at his position and perhaps the worst biatch safety i have seen play football in a long time. He doesnt know how to tackle, he is afraid of tackling, almost never ever hits any one and constantly relies on pushing some one out of bounds instead of delivering a hard hit. If the sidelines is too far, well then all he does is wave to mjd as he races 80 yards to the endzone.

People hate on Harper, but griffin is by far one of the biggest pussies in the league. I havent seen such a devout coward play that position on any other team including the dolphins or jags that feature some bad safeties as well.

Its one thing to be out of position or lost on the field. .Griffin is none of that. He is just a pathetic devout coward...

(Oh by the way, i am not wasting my time talking about how he falls for pump fakes worse than my dog on his chew toy! That conversation is just a sad sad issue i wont depress myself delving into.)

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think it's injury related. Ever since he got hurt a time or 2 he doesn't want to hit anyone.

Hell, he's even scared to hit QBs. It's sad to watch him get there on the blitz then slow up like 'just fall, please, just fall- I don't want to break a nail'.

9. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

This past week sometime.

10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'm gonna stand by Griff on this one. Yeah, he played pretty bad this season, but he also made some key plays (strip against Steelers and pick against Dolphins) that show his potential to be great. I hope this injury was what hindered him and I believe he'll be back to play similar to his pro-bowl year after the offseason.

And karmarouge- exaggerating a little? The guy is not one of the worst safeties in the league. He didn't play like a great one, but he and the rest of secondary also had zero help from the pass rush. And maybe the reason Griff and Hope looked bad this year was because they were having to cover Harper's guy every play. I guarantee the opposing offenses didn't go after Griffin or Hope most of the time. They threw to whoever Harper was (supposed to be) covering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar