Griff surgery??!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigD73OT, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

You misunderstood my ripping of Griff. Yes i am aware of the problems we had with several holes in the defense. But that is why you have a safety on the team. His role is partly to clean up other peoples messes.

This is why he is not supposed to fall for pump fakes. He is fully allowed to be the last guy to contact a running back that escaped the d line men, line backers etc. There is no reason for him to jump on play action in a stupid bid to support a d-line that doesnt need that much help any way.

I am ripping him because instead of hitting some one in the mouth, he tries to push every body out of bounds or to the ground without allowing any contact on his body at all.

I am sorry but you can plainly see it when he tackles. He is afraid of taking a hit!

BTW... i hate to use stats or anything, but Griff and Hope are actually at the bottom of the league in worst burned safeties in the league.. Griff is definitely ranked at last at falling for action plays..:irked:

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I seriously hope people arent seriously questioning this guys toughness, he can hit, he can tackle, and he can make plays, theres only so much you can do when wrs are running free all over the field

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Ok, fair enough, I respect that. I like to think that maybe he played a little more cautiously because of his shoulder or some other injury we didn't know about, but that might just be wishful thinking. As far as getting burned, I don't think it's completely our safeties' fault, but they didn't do much to make things better. Again, maybe some wishful thinking, but I wonder if they were coached to be more aggressive against the run. The fact that both of them bit on PA so much makes me think that might be the case.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He can hit? Since when? He hasn't hit anyone since his rookie year. Dude plays like a girl.

He runs like a girl, hits like a girl, and falls for fakes like a girl.

5. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

thats why his injury was actually a sprained VAG-I-NA

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Whats the deal with us and and free safetys.

The heck lets get Ed Reed over here so we could rip him.

7. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Lets not forget Griff is a year removed from a ProBowl.....he prolly got a big head in the offseason, got to thinking he didn't have to work hard anymore and suffered from that this season....This past season, I'm sure, will have been a humbling experience. He will be better next year.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^I'm thinking a LOT of our players slacked off this offseason due to our "success" last year.

9. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

you guys cry too much. Griff is a great FS hes still young and is still learning how be be a leader of a young inexperienced secondary . Would you rather have LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson. Ill still with griff

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

griff could hit hard his rookie year. now hes soft and bites hard on play action despite being a saftey thats 10 yards away from the ball like it is essential that he gets to the RB before anyone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar