Griffen gets some respect...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

In Bucky Brooks 2007 draft do-over (link below) he gives Mike some respect. At 7, for the vikings, he would say they'd go with Griffen.

"The Vikings got a lucky break on draft day in 2007, but that won't happen here. With their original pick -- Peterson -- no longer available, the Vikings look to fill another need with Griffin, who went No. 19 to the Titans in 2007. The ball-hawking Griffin has picked off 11 passes in the past three seasons."

Now, recently some people have been giving Grif some heat, me included especially. But really, last year he wasnt too bad. the only problem is he was biting hard on some play fakes - trying to make up as we were not the same run stuffing team as last year (the only thing i can think of)

Experience can fix that real quick, the kid is still young and i have a lot of faith in him (backed up by bucky). i was sayin before this season started, that we had the best tandem safety in the nfl and that it would be a real strength for us. that didnt happen, but still doesn't mean it cant. people were calling for his head this season, but i think this guy can still become a star and a top safety in the league

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Who's Griffen?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I like how it says "Griffin" twice in the article you quoted. It reminds me of how everyone Calls Keith Bulluck "Keith Bullock"

But anyway, Michael Griffin needs to learn how to tackle before we start throwing out things like 'Griffin being a star and a top safety in the league'. I don't doubt that he can get better, especially regarding the whole biting fakes problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's been crap the past 2 years. No excuses for his girly tackling. I'll even ignore his biting on PA and getting completely out of the picture on plays- but him hitting a QB like a girl or as if he doesn't want to hurt them bugs the pee out of me.

I've always though he was a bit... you know (and I really don't care if he is), and lately his play screams it.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I like Griffin and think he will be our FS for years to come. But if you go to NFL.com, you will see that Bucky Brooks is an idiot. In his mock draft he has Suh going to the Raiders :)

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Funny. In 2008 he had 7 ints and tied for 2nd in the NFL. He was also a pro-bowler. He has one bad year after having a pro-bowl year and now he is crap. Interesting. Our whole secondary played poorly last year for a number of reasons. One being a change in DC and another being less pressure on the QB. I agree Griffin has some areas of his game that could use some improvement but he is darn good when the secondary knows what it is doing and the DL gets pressure. He also had some personal problems last year which contributed as well although he can't let that interfere with his job.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Funny how people ignore all the terrible play and think that a few interceptions that were tipped off other players save him.

That's the typical pro-bowl voter, right there.

Reynaldo Hill used to get interceptions when he sucked too... did you use the same excuse for him?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Michael Griffin is real good people. He only gets taken for rides on play action and pump fakes because he's been told to. Fisher wants his guys reacting fast with no hesitation committing to their decision, and coming down to help the run. I don't blame Griff for doing what he's told, criticize Fisher for that one. The tackling is usually on point, here and there he might revert to tackling like a Corner instead of the Safety he is. I like him a lot, the one we should be picking at is Chris Hope.

Chris Hope gets worse everyday, I sure hope they look into someone in the draft to get ready to replace him.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ every post crying about Fisher

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

this website needs to be changed to goHaters.com.

you can't bring up anything to not get bashed on. even spelling too...

regardless, other than biting on pump fakes and play action, which once again experience can fix real quick, he has the athleticism to be a play maker - if he didnt have top speed (for a safety) he woulda been burned on multiple occasions last season.

in college he was known for laying some licks...some call him scared. i hardly think its that. i think that he needs to add some weight, 5 lbs could change everything. His speed or jumping won't suffer and i think he can return to his ball hawking and hard hitting ways.

he is generally good at keeping plays infront of him, but last year was just not good for our secondary as a whole - even finny struggled (albeit to injuries but also no pressure was a huge factor)

as a free safety, he's allowed to take some risk, give him time and i maintain that he can be a star - not on bucky's merit but my own, simply was trying to give a credible source to limit the hating.

On to the hating:

I remember that play, he missed a sack, it was horrible. But to be honest, he was probably trying to avoid those personal fouls/roughness, free first downs refs were dishing out last year left and right. Ohh and 'bugs the pee out of me' could be just as bad

Most interception leaders get at least a couple...(sharper being exhibit A). Griff played well that year, not just on interception count but he was tackling left and right

every mock draft is debatable, more this year then ever before. No cap means for a lot of trades. Some one will trade early, and everything will go out of whack.

as an analyst, i like bucky. strait forward guy not bias...generally good stuff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar