Griffin said it all....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Griffin's attitude pretty much sums up why the Titans suck.

And I quote, "This is the NFL, you win some, you lose some, everybody would like to be prefect and win every game, but it's not going to happen". -Michael Griffin

If griffin has that attitude, I would think others do as well. While, what he said is absolutely true....is that the attitude of a winner? I mean really.....

David Ball who had two personal fouls in overtime said, "It's a cliche to say, but we beat ourselves, I guess...."

It seems as though the team is just complacent with losing. Win some, lose some, ohh well, right?. None of us make their kind of money, but I would like to think that even if I was getting paid a cool million a year I would still have a fire in my belly. I would have said, "We totaly screwed up, we need to get our crap straight and we WILL be better next week, no doubt about it."

The Titan guys, Vince included, even before yesterday's fiasco, seem complacent. Until they have some passion for the game, I don't see any thing changing.

I guess we can blame that on coaching. Then again, I guess most guys in the NFL have that attitude. Just gotta paid , yo.

BUT, watch Rusty's video on www.titansonline.com that he did after the game yesterday. .... He really seems sincere and acknowledges his mistakes and knows he has to get better. That is what I want to see out of our VETS.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

David Ball did not have any penalties the whole game. Do you even watch the games or do you just spew random crap?

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't always agree with Arcane. But I think he's hitting on a legit problem here. Sure everyone wants to win. But it just doesn't seem like that fire and passion to actually get it done is there. This is a team that is way too comfortable losing. And I think it goes all the way to the top.

4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

The fans care more about winning than the team. That is true pretty much for every team.

5. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Vince showed passion after the game and everyone seems to want him gone now.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You read between the lines when there is nothing there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Lotsa us wanted him gone before he got here... :D

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think that's necessarily true. Take the Patriots for example. They (meaning management, coaching, players as well as fans) expect nothing short of excellence. And they don't accept anything less. A lot of times all it takes is one loss for them to act like the sky is falling. And they typically come right back the next week and kick some serious @$$.

This team just shrugs their shoulders and go "Well ya win some, ya lose some. We'll try to do better next week". And then most of the time we just get more of the same out of them the next week.

9. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I like the guy. I'm rooting for him. If he can just ride out the storm and throw the odd deep ball to Randy/Nate/Kenny, we may win a couple of games. It's really on CJ's legs now - more than ever.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Ding, Ding, Ding!
    This is were reality needs to creep in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar