Griffin Transition to CB Complete

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite giving up a 64-yard touchdown pass to Lee Evans in Buffalo Friday night, first-round draft pick CB Michael Griffin handled his first start well and could be getting closer to becoming a starter as a rookie. “He’s done a lot of good things,” DB coach Chuck Cecil said. “He’s worked hard at it, and he’s doing the things that we’re asking. That’s all we can ask of him right now.” Griffin was credited with five solo tackles and a forced fumble in the game. CB Nick Harper said Griffin looks plenty comfortable at CB already. “Just looking at the guy and knowing he used to be a safety, you really can’t tell,” Harper said. “To me it looks like he’s been playing corner his whole life. He’s got good hips, good feet, he’s fast and he’s got good feet. He can press, and he can make a play on the ball.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

“There’s just a few plays here and there where his inexperience shows. That deep ball in the game should be a relatively easy play for him to make. And in this league, that’s the play you have to make if you’re going to play cornerback in the NFL.”

then i guess his transition to corner isn't so complete, huh?

3. Valis

Valis Guest

Great, he can play corner, now move him back to his natural position and keep the best players on the field.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

"...he’s doing the things that we’re asking. That’s all we can ask of him right now.”

What an incredibly silly thing to say.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

"Your journey to the dark side...is now complete."

Lord Fisher has a new apprentice.

6. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Have to give the titans credit...

I think Griffin looks like a stud. He can hit and play the position. I didn't see his name in any first round mocks out there. I think we got a real talent here. On top of all that he seems like a humble good person as well.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

can Cortland play FS?

:))

IMO, Harper, Hope, Griffin and Cortland are our 4 best DB's...i just wish they could all be on the field...

8. VY104Prez

VY104Prez Guest

To me, our best secondary would be

Hope at SS
    Griffin at FS
    Harper at CB
    Finnegan at CB

That's putting the most talent and playmakers on the field at the same time.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think that's how most people outside of BSP see it. But apparently Lamont has something that makes Fisher not even want to try Griffin at FS. Having not been able to watch the last 2 preseason games I have no idea what that something would be though.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

a Harper + Griffin combo will be nice to see,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar