Griffin Transition to CB Complete

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats something is great play, great open field tackles, nice coverage, and 2 diving interceptions with a Cast on his wrist.....

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

If Griffin wins the CB job, Finn needs to play at the nickel. If Finn wins the starting job, Griffin needs to play the nickel or safety. Both are too good to sit.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

They are putting Griffin at the line of scrimmage, and he is really helping in run support. They will roll a safety over to help him on deep routes. I can see the logic now.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I almost wish Finnegan had gotten a look at FS. The prospect of him remaining the nickle does not please me with Thompson entrenched.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So the question becomes, if Finnegan and Harper start, who plays nickle?

Griffin or Fuller?

If Griffin eventually starts, then does Finnegan return to nickle, or does he get a look at FS?

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I will say the Thompson problem of "late on coverage" would probably all but disappear with Finnegan in there.

7. Hey remember last season when Lawory laid out Marvin Harrison and caused him to drop that pass. That was amazing, first time i have seen harrison hit that hard.:))

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Good point - I hadn't really thought of it like that. At this point I don't care where he plays, as long as he's on the field somewhere. My gut says he might start on the outside - Harper said they were really stressing run support on the edges, and both Griff and Harper are good there. Finny would then stay at nickel and provide relief on the outside as they rotate. With as much man coverage as Fisher and Schwartz like to play, I can see the logic in having him at CB instead of S. FS on the Titans is a bit more of a supporting role - why have such a talent there to back up someone else?

9. You guys just remember this come 9.9.07 people will be saying this...

"Who are these guys and where did they come from" Yea boi

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think Harper is solid but I would like to see Finny and Griff as our 2 starting CB's.

Thing is we paid Harper too much to come in here and sit. But next season expect Griff and Finnegan as our starters at CB, I think they will be a very good combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar