Griffin: Vince Young can still play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I never took VY as a diva, just misunderstood. He wasn't the most articulate and for some reason (probably because of his school and hype) he wasn't fully embraced by all when he came. I remember people thinking Collins was the better QB. I'm not using it as an excuse, just going back to the climate of the situation.

I see why some players are hated by fans but just not really VY. He never talked bad about the fan base and played his a*s off for better or worse and won us a lot of games. I'd love it if the franchise gave him another chance. The only reason I think some don't want him back is because he might actually take a roster spot. And if given the shot, might actually be able to once again lead the team.

I'm hoping Locker holds it down this year. He's athletic too and has a strong arm and the discipline to grow at the position. But at the same time, you can never have too many QB's. Fitz is a good QB too added competition makes for a better team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

While I disagree with the concept that today 28Jul13 Vince Young is an NFL capable QB. I agree that if he is then the Titans would not be wrong too give him that shot.

In all honesty dont you think that phone calls have been made and stuff?

I mean we all know BA would love too get VY back on the team. I could be wrong but I think the Titans would have at least gotten some peoples opinions of VYs current abilities

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If Vince is still capable of being a QB, then why is he currently jobless? Think about it.. teams have brought the dude in for a workout, and he can't even make the third or fourth string. He can't even stick around long enough for a training camp.. what does that tell you about him? Either his throwing is way off, or he is THAT bad of a teammate to be around. If he was worth a roster spot, he'd be on a team right now.

Seriously, these coaches and GMs are the ones who have seen VY play recently. We HAVEN'T. These guys aren't stupid. If they believed VY was worth anything, they'd at least keep him for camp.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm not saying that this day he is ready to be inserted into training camp. What I'm saying is he's still capable of being a good NFL QB. He could still get back into game shape and train to become an effective QB. That's what I'm saying.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's not the way the NFL works sometimes. There's tons of young capable QB's out there to evaluate. Why take an older player with some baggage over a young guy who could have a higher ceiling?

VY wouldn't be given a starting job but he could land on somebody's roster and work his way back up. Or at least be a viable backup.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Apparently he can't even get a job as a backup or 3rd stringer, that's what I'm getting at. His skills must have diminished so much that he isn't even worth that. If he was, Buffalo and Philadelphia wouldn't have cut him. These managers aren't stupid, remember.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A guy that creates a rift between half of the team and the other half and feuds with the coach is not a good teammate.

But of course to you, VY can never and has never done wrong. He is perfect in CJtheBeasts eyes.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Slurpers gonna slurp.

VY screwed the team over with his divisive attitude and crappy work ethic and need to feud with the HC. Threw his pads in the stands and flicked off the fans.

I pay damn good money to attend and support the Titans.

F VY.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

Yes. That's it, nobody want's VY back because we are afraid he might win games for the titans....smh

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Based on that logic, we may as well go sign Haynesworth

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar