Griffin wants to keep streak alive

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans safety Michael Griffin hasn’t missed a single game in his seven-year NFL career, playing in 103 straight to this point.

He has no intention of breaking that streak this Sunday, but his status for St. Louis remains uncertain due to a right quad injury he suffered in the Titans’ last game – Oct. 20 against San Francisco.

Griffin didn’t practice on Wednesday or Thursday, but did do some conditioning work on Thursday.

“I did some running today and we’ll just see how it feels on Friday – if it’s sore,” Griffin said. “If it’s not, we’ll try to push it a little bit more. Then you’ve still got Saturday and you’ve still got Sunday to warm up before the actual (team) warm-up to see where it is.”

If Griffin isn’t able to play, the Titans would most likely move back-up strong safety George Wilson into his role, since he has some familiarity with the free-safety spot.

“I’m comfortable enough to go out there with confidence and expect to make some plays,” Wilson said. “I just want to protect my corners over the top and not allow big plays to be made on our defense.

“This defense forces us to know what the other safety’s job is and also to know all the other different techniques that safeties are asked to play in this defense. It allows us to have some flexibility and move guys around.”

Other replacement options for the Titans – though far less likely — would be to start recently signed free safety Corey Lynch, or to move Alterraun Verner over from cornerback, where he’s excelled this year.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar