Griffin Works with First Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans first-round draft pick Michael Griffin moved up to work with the first team yesterday and is likely going to start this Friday against the Bills. "Nothing is set in stone," Griffin said. "Everybody is getting an opportunity, and really I don't know what is going on. I'm just doing what they tell me, but I don't necessarily think it means anything. I think they're just giving everybody an opportunity." Griffin made the switch from S to CB soon after the Titans drafted him in April. Lamont Thompson was rotated back to the first-team FS as well yesterday as his competition continues against Calvin Lowry.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. I like Griffin A LOT, but him starting over Finnegan is complete and utter garbage.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's pre-season. Good time to test players out against first teams

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I completely agree with you. What needs to happen for Finn. to actually start? 5 INT'S!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans need to find a way to get Griffin on the field. It may not happen by the opener but they won't wait long.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Finn..

Cortland Finnegan is making grat plays and, he has been consistent the last couple of games. Griffin the same both deserve to battle it out but, Finnegan is just doing amazing things dude..You all know what name don't need to be on the roster, Reynaldo Hill what's up with that starter??:banned: Will see i guess!!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Finnegan needs to be on the field. If he hasn't earned it yet, how can he? I don't mind Griffin being on the field. He's the talent. But Finnegan should also be out there. We all know who needs to go. Why can't Fisher see it.

8. Because hes doing that buddy buddy crap with Lamont.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Griffin needs to be on the field just like Finnegan needs to be on the field, let Griffin run around in space, he has a knack for being around the ball.....which is perfect for FS! Lamont needs to sit, not Finnegan or Griff.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher already gave his reasons.

He wants a variety of guys fighting for starting jobs to start in these preseason games. that's why lowry and henry started last game. Starting griffen is just a way to see how he does with the first team against the other teams top Wrs.

Besides who is already making up their mind on who should start with 2 games left before the season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar