GTA 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Toly, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I didn't totally hate GTA IV but I was expecting a lot more out of it's jump to PS3, it was still fun but like you said it didn't really go anywhere. Definitely disappointing compared to San Andreas. I didn't even catch the Packie cameo, I'll look out for it when I go back and play it again from the beginning. It normally takes me a while to finish these games but this one didn't seem all that challenging and didn't last as long. Still love it though.

It'd be badass to see Vercetti and CJ make an appearance. I know it'll be a long while before they make another but I can only hope they continue to outdo themselves.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Having CJ come out would be great. He could come back as a wise old gangster. Be a real father figure to Frank. Since San Andreas actually took place 20 years ago.Was cool to see Grove Street again. But the houses are all different.

You can find Packie as one of those random blue dot guys that show up. He and another guy are sticking up the 'Dollar Pills' not too far from Frank's original house. I think he may only appear at night. Make sure to bring a 4-door car so you can drive get-away for them. Once you do you can use Packie as a gunman in heist missions. Which you will want to do because Packie is killer in a heist.

I used Packie for the Paleto Bay heist mission. It was cool. When Trevor (TE) gets everyone talking about past heists Packie talks about the big bank job he pulled in GTA IV. The one that was based on the movie Heat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I still haven't played GTA 5 yet. But I agree with the sentiment regarding IV. I really enjoyed it and had fun with it. But it just never got its hooks in me like the others. I've been playing the series since GTA 2 on PC and IV is the only one I've ever not finished. I got busy and was away from it for a few weeks then just never could get motivated to pick it back up.

Vice City is still the pinnacle of the series to me. But again, that's having not played V yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This game really surprised me, I did not like 4 at all and barely even played it. Saw some gameplay clips and picked it up. I'm not going to say its my favorite of the series, but the characters are great and the missions are fun.

Its probably my second favorite at the moment.

5. The Hammer

Which is your favorite? Mine is a toss up between V and San Andreas. Thought I like Red Dead Redemption better than both.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Still haven't played it... I'll try during the holidays.

7. The Hammer

Good idea. Do it when you have time to commit to it.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Just beat 5, and I gotta say it was one of the best games I've ever played. The great thing is that it's not even over yet. I still have all the side missions to do and the online mode which seems to be pretty legit.

I always hate when the main story is over in gta games more than any others. It's just the story is so enticing and its so fun, you just wish it would go on forever. I don't get that feeling from any other game.

9. The Hammer

What are some of the cooler things people have done in the game? Just random things outside the story line.

Some of the random crap I had fun with:
    • Stealing a fighter jet -- then shooting police cars with guided missiles
    • Getting the Sub onto the street with Trevor
    • A random event that was based off the opening scene of No Country For Old Men
    • Finding Packie McReary from GTA IV
    • Switching to Trevor who is spooning with a crying Floyd
    • Stealing a 747
    • While playing with Chop -- Throw the ball right at a group of people. One of them will get pissed and try to fight you. At which time Chop will attack
    • Playing as Michael shooting up Trevor's trailer in Sandy shores. First he sends you a text that says "Stop shooting my house turd." The next time he calls and screams
    • Smoke weed as Franklin and listen to him ramble on to himself

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It really made me lose it with the crazy weed guy (stranger and freak mission) with Micheal when he tokes up and then aliens attack him from everywhere.

Was funny with trevor and clowns, but it was soo unexpected when it happened with Michael, that's probably when I started loving the game lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar