GTA IV Review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I had trouble in the post Hospital chase, then I figured out to beat it in like 5 seconds or less. I am pretty sure it was 5* as it was my toughest chase scene and I was scrambling like mad.

I'm all done now. woo hoo! fun!

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Escaping the cops have always been fairly easy for me, but now that I have *help* on the inside... (Potentially vague for spoiler purposes,) I can get rid of them in practically 10 secs.

I got up to 6 stars on a certain Packie mission that deals with a bigggggg pay day, and all I did was shake them long enough to get to a pay and spray.

My usual method though is to out run them on straight aways, then turn and go through alleyways and switch cars sometimes.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think that was one of my favorite missions in gta history

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just finished it.

I enjoyed it, but it's not 10/10 worthy.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Im getting away from them easy now. I was scared to hit civilians and crash before because I figured they'd get me easier that way by radio'ing in.
    I'm almost bored with the game already though, and I'm not even 20% in. : (

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Once I finished it, without cheating, I went back to see what it was like to cheat, and what amazes me is how much there is that you just don't see. I mean I killed maybe 6 pidgeons the whole time I was playing the first time, and I very rarely ever found a health pack or ammo, or weapons. I don't think I ran into one random predestrian the whole time. That is hard to believe. But now that I'm cheating by looking at maps the whole game is opening up to me. The missions are much easier the second go around. My real goal here is to get to $500,000 in change this go around, and try to keep Jacob happy for once. The dude hated me last game. But I didn't know where to take him sometimes because who the hell could understand where he wanted to go when he calls. Anyway, the play thru the second time is like a new play. I'm enjoying it. But there is very little randomness to your attackers, or intelligence and that might be a neat addition to the next game. As well as more women. The preplanning makes it fun at points, likeduring the chases, but there must be a way to make some of it more random too.

The one thing I would do, is that if you have driven a mission more than 2x, they should add the ability to skip the long boring drives if you want to.

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I beat the game without cheating as well, and my girlfriend off the internet was Carmen Ortiz the nurse... She came in handy alot when ur health is low... just call her up and u go back to full.

The only person who is lower than 90% like and/or respect is Brucie... Little Jacob was my fav character, so it was really fun taking him to the bar and clubs... Its so funny when he gets drunk lol

Really? Only thing I could suggest is don't run around massacring ppl till the cops finally kill u. The storyline was enough to compel me the full way through... Definitely the best story of all the GTA's, and I'd say it rivals the stories of games in the last few years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar