GTA IV Review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Guys read the reviews instead of just the scores. Just because they gave it a 10 doesn't mean they feel it's perfect. It just excels at so many things and the flaws are very small and minor.

I agree that no game is perfect, but why even have a scale to 10 if you are never going to use it? In this sense, 10 does not mean perfect.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Damn @ one of my boys asking if I would chill with him outside the local Gamestop at 10. Some of these guys taking it a lil far; you can't wait till 10am on Tuesday? I know plenty of cats taking vacation tomorrow; glad I ain't got nothing until finals next week so I can spend some actual time with this game.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's different if you have a scale of 1 - 10 without using decimals (like 9.2 or whatever).

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Paradise City's demo just had a small area open to explore. I'm sure it could be done. But GTA knows they don't need to do it.

Many of my students are struggling with the release date being right before final exams. :ha:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some dude at work took 3 days off to play it.

I'm kinda hoping he got one with freezing issues that's been going around.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

After about 2 days with it, I can honestly say I can understand why it's getting 10s. The story is more engaging than any of the other games, and the gameplay feels A LOT more varied, even early on.

The drunk driving mini-game = going to have a lot of parents/politicians up in arms.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

best game I've played in while

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

gonna get it tomorrow. hopefully its not more of the same ol same.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i like it. looks great, although i had to turn the brightness up on my tv because i couldn't see anything at night.

the controls are a little iffy.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I bought it yesterday. I've had some problems with freezing, especially at this one certain mission where you have to kill some laundromat guy. But overall, this game is pretty great. The story is a whole lot deeper than the other ones, and the city is a lot more detailed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar