Gta Iv

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i couldnt agree more, some of the best games have some of the worst graphics, and its pathetic that people wont buy some games just because of the graphics if its fun then why does it matter so much

2. and i also dont see what is soo great about GTA, its the same thing over and over again, the real game to get is Crackdown, that is sooo much more fun than GTA ever was

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, for the next generation of consoles, I'd say that graphics do matter quite a lot. It's a logical reasoning to expect a considerable improvement in the graphics department with much better hardware available. Plus, the video game industry is currently making tons of money. Many game development companies have more than enough resources to create exceptional games if they really want to. So, I don't see why we cannot expect games with top notch graphics and excellent gameplay, instead of only getting one of the two.

More importantly, however, is the fact that you are now paying $400/$600 bucks for a game console and $10 more for a game. So, why should I pay $60 for a game that looks the same or worse than a $50 game on a $100 game console?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well one of the main problems is that publishers take home the majority of the money, which, imo, is why you only see good games from companies with their own in-house publishing (EA being the exception that confirms the rule) and truly indie developers who aren't hogtied by a publishing company (like Bioware).

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think they overplan. And they get caught up marketing a game that is not ready for distribution. So they either have to eat the cost or publish a crap game early. Instead, what they ought to do, is hold off on the marketing and distribution until the game is done. Then price the game accordingly. I think consumers would be willing to pay more for a better game. In the game industy, consumers only buy the best game in a genre, so it can work. If you take an extra year and charge me 75$ for a 10.0 game. I'll pay it. Or even better, double your staff and charge $100 for a 10.0 game on a regular production shedule. I don't care. I just want to play good games. Everybody does, which is why we only buy the best game in each genre. I think exceptional games should be the rule, and not the exception. But obviously, it has to be profitable for everyone, including the publishers who front the money.

6. Toly

Toly Free your mind

It's really hard to blame a company like EA for... lets say for just adding a couple of new animations and features to each new version of a game like Madden, when there are a bunch of people lining up to buy it every year. Tell EA why they should spend more time and money trying to really improve a game that will still sell regardless of the lack of those improvements. So, who's to blame? EA for making virtually the same game every year or the gamer for buying virtually the same game every year? Gamers do have the last word, since they decide whether to buy a game or not. Thus my comment about how we as gamers shouldn't expect anything less that stellar graphics and gameplay for the next generation of games, and not simply being conformed with crappy graphics and great gameplay, or vice versa.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The first 2 versions of GTA are NOTHING like III and San Andreas. They'll bring a large switch once again for a new generation. And you'll love it.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, some may think that way, but I personally don't condone it when people or companies do the bare minimum that is required of them, regardless of the situation.

9. Crackdown >>>>> GTA

thats just how it is, its soo much more fun and u dont even have to have cheats to make crackdown fun

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The only reason people played crackdown was because of gamer points. The rest of the game was hot steamy garbage. All the enemies were the same. The only fun part was exploring and getting your agility up. No story, no plot, nothing interesting.
    I was very disappointed in it. BUT that's my opinion. Some people may have enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar