"Guard position up in the air"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I almost included that very name in my last post. I think having him would be awesome. Some minor mention was made of him playing tackle as well, but I wouldn't want to see him lose that mauling ability.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I am confused about Olson and Piller: I thought we would save massively by releasing either of these guys. Olson we extended, but what exactly reduced Piller's savings?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No way...!!

No way they get rid of olson they just signed him to a much smaller contract and piller saves us nothing if we dump him. Why dump a 8th year starting guard who only makes $3.5M?

Fact, zack piller is not over paid.

Fact piller's option was just $250k

Fact we save nothing on the cap by dumping him.

It would be moronic not to keep him for 2006.

Fact olson's current contract is similar against the cap as piller's now. $5m less than it was.

Bottom line is that these guys are too valuable to dump. They are in their prime entering their 8th and 9th season. With the addition of a 12 year center we have loads of experience in the middle of our line. That's good right?

Bell will likely get a shot at right tackle.

Everything is coming together now. Our o-line will be better, our defense will be better and our runningbacks will be much better. If we do draft mario williams watch out!

4. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it happens. Just isn't our style recently. We've been drafting OL in the mid-late rounds and developing them (MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM :brow: :brow: ) with the exception of the LT position...Hartwig was a 6th, Olson was a 5th, Piller late 3rd, Bell was a 5th, and even though we didn't draft him, Fred Miller was a 5th rounder.

Anyway I'd take Charles Spencer over Gilles. Just as dominant, just as big, more athletic, his weight doesn't balloon like Gilles' does....he's just a little more raw, but has bigger upside.

5. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

miller was a FA

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Hence the "even though we didn't draft him"....

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like I was saying .... time to get one earlier

the ONLY reason why these guys even somewhat resemble offensiive lineman is due to Munchak

I care not to draft another project

8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I'm with you there...there's a reason they say "games are won and lost in the trenches." I wish we'd start drafting the higher rated OL and have Munch make them great instead of drafting low-round duds and having Munch make them "passable."

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what is even worse is that he makes them good then they leave for the bigger bucks

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It pains me to agree with Puck, but I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar