Guido & Vinnie discuss the Bay

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Oct 9, 2007.

?
  1. I'll take the Titans with +3, that's too many points.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. I'm looking at the Bucs and give up the 3 freebies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. With EVEN odds, I like the Bucs.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hard to call the odds, but I like the Titans to win.

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I had my weekly converse with Guido Gambino and Vinnie the Don Rizzo. They appear to be somewhat torn on these odds although Vegas is not. Vegas is Titans +3 across the board. My thinking is the obvious, in a tight pick, Vegas always gives the home team 3 freebies.
    Guido says the odds are right on. "Any other team (other than the Falcons) would have kicked Tennessee's butt all over da' field and back again". "Dey couldn't run, dey couldn't pass. Defense bailed dem out big time". The best receivers Young had were wearing Atlanta unis. In fact, Atlantas defense caught more passes than their offense! The Titans D will be in Tampa next Sunday, that's what will even this game out. Question is, will their offense show up?
    On the other hand, Vinnie says this should be EVEN across the board. "My man Vince WILL be back. It'll be up to him spark the offense and I know he can do it". "The defense will stop Tampas offense and Vince will put several WRs in the endzone".
    My view? I'm not sure. The Falcons game shook me a little bit. Our offense showed nothing short of Vanderbilt football. Can they come back against a good team on the road? I think they can but I'm not willing to bet the kids milk money on it.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is the most generic line possible, and really just says that the oddsmakers don't know what to make of either team.

Too many questions right now. The bucs are dealing with serious injuries, we'll see if they bounce back. The Titans had a really shaky showing, and were off the week before that.

We'll see, but I'll play my homer card in a game like this. Go for the W!

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Right now the Bucs dont have a rb, and who do they really have for WR. I call the O matchup a wash. Both teams are playing very strong D. Special teams may be the factor in this game. I'll go with the Titans!

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

They do have a decent back in Ernest Graham but they're also running out of bodies on the O line.

Garcia is savvy so I think it'll be a tough game but a win for us.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think I remember Garcia had one of his best games ever against the Titans as a 49er...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If special teams are going to be a deciding factor, I hope we see a whole new team than the ones we saw on Sunday! In my opinion, our special teams were worse than our offense on sunday.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This is ridonkculous. Tennessee should be the favorite. Not only will the Titans cover the spread they will win outright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar