Guido & Vinnie talk of the coaches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

While talking to Guido & Vinnie about the Houston/Tennessee odds, Vinnie brought up something that I thought was interesting. He was talking about making odds as to which head coaches would be fired after the 2006 season. Nothing new here since there are always coaching changes made after the season, but it was a couple of coaches that caught my ear.
    Here's the list he gave me;
    Arizonas Green
    Giants Coughlin
    Clevelands Crennel
    Atlantas Mora
    Detroits Marinelli
    He also said, St Louis' Linehan and Jags Del Rio.
    I don't keep up with St Louis too much, but that selection is a big surprise. Jack Del Rio? I thought he has done a great job with the Jags. I know their QB situation might be in question, but they are still in the running for a wildcard. Go figure. Any thoughts?
    By the way, Fisher was NOT mentioned.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Jags are so up and down it's hard to figure. They blow us out, then lose at home to Houston. They lose at Buffalo, then take a hot Miami team apart. As an announcer said, they are schitzo.

Arizona has that rookie thing going for them. That may give Green a grace period.

The Browns just came back to beat the Chiefs, amazing what a victory will do. If they play well against the Steelers he may be around another year.

St Louis has been decimated with injuries, like Fisher was a few years ago. They may be forgiving about that.

Vick and Mora seem to get along, and they have so much invested in Vick, he probably stays.

Coughlin is in a place where they don't have much patience. Personally he looks frazzled, and doesn't exude much confidence. He may be gone.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, he shouldn't have been mentioned, either.

He should be given a contract extension by the team.

4. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

I agree 100%....just without the Schwartz.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Professor monkey for a head Al Davis may turn on Art Shell at any moment

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I agree with keeping Fisher long term. I thought it was worth mentioning that they did not have him on their list.
    I wonder is Schwartz or Reese made any of their lists?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar