Half way point through the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Kern should be all-pro this year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I sometimes feel the same as the Titans have struggled against mediocre teams and have looked horrible for stretches.

But you can only beat the teams on your schedule and there’s a couple of wins against quality teams in the mix.

I have no doubt the offense will need to play much better if the Titans have a shot to do anything in January.

If the second half of the season plays out like the first, and the Titans can find some answers for their offense, why not us? There’s no run away team right now in the AFC.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

WHO DO YOU LOVE

:wooo:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

We're cut out for close fought, 1-2 possession, hard fought victory type games.

This serves us well against the 'big name' sides (Seahawks game comes to mind), but not so good against the cellar dwellers (Browns, Dolphins). All games end up being close.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I think we have 1- 2 Pro Bowlers on this team and Kern would definitely be one of them.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Barring a bizarre turn of events, 10 wins will get us in the playoffs, regardless of what goes on within our division. I'm not convinced any other conference gets a 10 win team outside of the division leaders. Our remaining schedule is soft, and teams like Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, and Oakland have schedules which range from tough to brutal.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Kern
    Woodyard
    Succop
    Byard

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I was thinking about this today. Wild card is a very good possibility.

AFC North ain't sending a wild card team to the playoffs (CLE, CIN, BAL)

I don't think the AFC West is either. Denver don't stand a chance. OAK & LAC have small chances.

Bills have a chance in the AFC East. I don't think the Dolphins or Jets do.

Titans & Jags may be better than all these teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Yea Cutler is gonna be Cutler and the Bills will be the Bills. I feel like Oakland could bounce back though.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Oakland's schedule was on the "brutal" side of the spectrum: Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, and Cowboys, along with division matchups with the Chargers and Broncos. It would be tough for any team not to lose two of this.

The Bills have Patriots 2X, Saints, Chiefs, Dolphins twice, Colts, and Chargers. Winning 5 of those won't be easy.

Dolphins have Patriots 2X, Panthers, Chiefs, Bugs, Broncos, and Bills 2x. Hard not to count at least 4 losses.

Our remaining schedule is a joke compared to anyone else looking for a wildcard spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar