Hall of Fame for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What of Kurt Warner then?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. Small market needs big exposure like AFC Championship and Super Bowls. 1 or 2 more deep playoff runs will get him in on 2nd or 3rd try.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller............

And what is the likleyhood of the Titans making the Super Bowl, much less the playoffs, in the next couple of seasons?
    ---------------------------------

Starkiller you make a good point. So why are you not posting more on these other threads compalining about the job reese and fisher are doing? We have had two crappy seasons and NOW, NOW we can start rebuilding and maybe be playoff caliber when vince young takes over as the starting QB in 2008. Wow! Doesn't that make you angry?

If the titans have a losing season in 2006 jeff fisher and floyd reese both need to be fired! Anybody needs tro be fired after 3 straight losing seasons. I look forward to seeing some of your highly intense postings about your disappointment over the way things are being run. Have not seen any of them yet but i know they are coming.

Note that 4 posters gave reese and fisher a collective A grade on another thread.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Small market?

Always with the inferiority complex? Houston is the 4th largest city in the country and there are very few oilers in the hall. Didn't help there.

There are 25 packers in the hall. That's a small market eh?

I don't think of nashville as being that small. Nashville is similar in size to denver, seattle and boston and is actually larger in population than many nfl cities including pre hurricane new orleans, miami, st louis.

5. Because I feel there are only so many times I should have to repeat my opinion. It's much the same as how I tend to avoid the "fire Schwartz" threads. There's only so much time I want to devote to a topic.

No, it makes me realize that we were contenders basically from 1999 to 2004 and that we are rebuilding now. That's generally the price you pay for being a contender a long time.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Please starkiller........

Why should it take a well run, well coached team 4 years to rebuild anything in a league when teams routinely go from 5-11 one year to 11-5? 98 falcons, 99 rams, 2003 panthers. What is that? Are you saying that it would be fine with you if we posted 2 more losing seasons and that fisher and reese would be commended for doing a great job?

That's nuts!

It always kills me when people talk about the 99-2003 titans as if they were lomabardi's packers in the 60s and we were just so darn successful then it is only natural to suck now, and 2 more years!. We were not the 60s packers or the early 70s dolphins. Getting to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years doesn't justify a 4-12 season. It sure in the hell doesn't justify 2 more crappy years. We better start winning in 2006, after drafting so early 2 years in a row.

Bill cowher has never even had 2 losing seasons in a row but jeff fisher can have 4 in a row and still be called a great coach! Oh yeah!
    Geez...:sad2:

7. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

It's kind of difficult to get back in it when you have a injury prone year that puts over half of your starters out of the game, and then come back the next year having no cap room, and a team whose average age is around 26.5 years old.

I think it would be possible for us to go to the playoffs next year, and if McNair decides he will stay for two years, and we go to the playoffs again, I think McNair would go to the HOF.

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Not to sound over-barring, but McNair is not HOF caliber... he's not even close.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Homer finds twenty dollars under the couch:
    "Aww, twenty dollars? I wanted a peanut!"
    Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts!
    "Explain how."
    Money can be exchanged for good and services.
    "Woohoo!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar