Halo ...... the history

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

err what?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you so don't like Halo do you ?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I like it. I think it's good.

But it is not even close to being the best game ever (as IGN so love to point out), nor even on X-Box. And it certainly isn't on the scale of Harry Potter, LOTR and Star Wars. That is just ridiculous.

Game doesn't even do that well outside of North America.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

would you say it's the best FPS ?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For the X-Box I would say so.

Overall I am not sure, it might be. But FPS are not my favourites. I remember Doom, Quake and Team Fortress, they were great fun as well.

I liked Project: Snowblind on PS2 and Black. Black was simply a fun game.
    Call of Duty and FarCry too.

Resistence is also a good game.

I would rate Halo above Resistence, Project: Snowblind, Black. But probably not above Doom and Quake (consider the effect is has when you first play it)

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

personally, I loved Halo : Combat Evolved as a launch title.
    however, I think Gears of War has it's number ... for now
    we'll see , IGN will publish the review tomorrow

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Review for Halo 3?

Do you think Halo was better than Halo 2?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Halo Combat Evolved was much better than 2

2 had it's upside, dual-wielding was nice, and playing split roles as the Arbiter was a nice change of pace; but I really can't remember much about the campaign ..... and nothing of the ending

the multiplayer in 2 was nothing compared to Combat Evolved
    still to this day, there are still groups of gamers playing MP Halo 1, and a buddy of mine still holds a LAN party every year

until you've played Halo with a dozen or so buddies over LAN, you haven't really played it ... there was talk about making a HALO MMOFPS

I remember one time we had four Xbox's - 4 people per team and we played for roughly 12 straight hours .... good times
    why they never patched in a LIVE component into 1 is still beyond me

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think that was huge. The story evolving was very good, although the end was a bit lacking. It seems like the biggest talk about Halo has always been the mulitplayer online stuff, but I think the story and cut scenes are very good.

Big thing I didn't like about 2 compared to 1 was something in the feel. Been awhile since I played them, so I can't quite put it into words now, but something didn't feel quite as good about the controls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar