Halo War?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ammotroop, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

What do you know about it?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's an RTS
    it's called Halo Wars
    and was designed by the creators of Age of Empires

RTS games generally don't do very well on consoles

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/857/857436.html

-----------
    Halo Wars picks up 20 years prior to the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. We asked if that means there are only two playable races, as presumably the humans have not yet encountered the Flood. To that, we were given the somewhat cryptic response that no humans that we know of have encountered any other alien races or the Flood at this point. Perhaps a hidden third playable race will yet be revealed. In any event, the game follows the UNSC support ship Spirit of Fire, its crew, and Serena the shipboard AI through its trials and tribulations while fighting the Covenant. ---------

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

RTS with a controller is a pain in the butt.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

they say the studio spent alot of time on the control mechanics

why they don't just offer an adequate mouse/key accessory is puzzling

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I cannot compare, as I am a console dude, but Command and Conquer was pretty easy to control. It was also a relatively fun game. I'm assuming that this is the same type of game. Tho' I'm new to the genre. I will likely try this just because of my familiarity with the Halo series.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll give this game a try. Don't remember if I've played any game like it a lot. There was this game with old Chinese tribes fighting each other, I think it was similar :ha:

What would make it not work well with a controller? Need a mouse to make quick moves?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

go download Battle for Middle Earth (LotR) or Command and Conquer-Tiberium wars and see if RTS gaming on a console is for you

if not just get it on PC

they make adapters for using keyboard/mice units with the 360, but no official accessory that i know of

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ill buy it, I love the Halo story and games, I dont expect this to be great tho

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

DL them where? Something you can DL from xbox live?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah.... demos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar