Happy we won but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

this team still isn't very good. Schematically on defense this was one of the worst games i've ever seen, you can't play soft on a bronco team that loves throwing the checkdown routes, last week was a perfect game defensively then they come back with this soft crap. Also the penalties are really starting to drive me crazy....this all comes down to team discipline and apparently they haven't changed since the past couple seasons. The running game is basically non-existent and i used to think it was CJ but the O-line can't block my grandma. Running the ball is basically wasting a down at this point. Only positive thing i can find is the passsing game has taken off! Hasselback is a beast but we'll have to see how well he does without Kenny Britt, and if he really struggles the coaching staff may have to consider playing Locker just because defenses will have to worry about him running.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Wait....Considering Locker after the two games Hasselbeck has just played.....wtf.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

im not saying bench Hasselback but if he starts really struggling without Britt it's something you may have to consider just to give our offense something of a running game with Locker since we can't run the ball conventionally

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Did not seem to affect him too much today though. I would give DWill and Hawkins a week with the #1s to find their timing with Hassleback before freaking out too much here. There were a couple of plays with both that looked like they were out of sync with Hassleback. We should all remember that we are three weeks into a new offense, with a new QB, a RB still finding his legs, and are 2-1. Our sync issues (and I think, eventually, CJ) will only get better here.

I am actually getting more optimistic than I was at the beginning of the season, although the next two weeks will be very tough.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Hass isn't having success because of Britt...Britt is having success because of Hass. Sitting Hass is not an option, and he will not struggle because our top receiving threat went down. He is a west coast offense QB, he spreads the ball around and gives it to the receiver that should get the ball...he doesn't lock onto a target.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Britt, stats wise, is only this good because of Hass. Britt is a very good WR but he wasn't putting up big numbers with the past QB's.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

An Eagles game comes to mind

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

just one game will not win that arguement......

but Britt is for real

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay cool one game and I just said he's a very good WR but if he had a QB that was playing consistent his numbers would be a lot better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Past qbs were only getting 20 pass attempts a game.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar