Harbaugh, Manning may not be good fit,

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanflamer, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Somehow I doubt that...I don't think PM contacted any of these teams

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Don't think so.

Manning supposedly signed with us 10 minutes ago, and Denver 2 days ago.

If there is one thing we have learned...

supposedly means dudu and 'sources' consist of those little voices in your head, aka your "gut feeling.

3. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Just read Alex Smith and the Dolphins are negotiating a contract...only makes it seem more likely that PM could really go there....damn if Smith had signed the $24 million deal they offered him last week, Peyton would right now be a Titan

4. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Why does it seem more likely that he (Manning) would go there if Smith and the 49ers are negotiating a contract?

:rolleyes:

and where did you read this?

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Has ANYONE with the 49ers even confirmed their visit happened?

An entire team's interest rests on a tip on FRIDAY about a meeting on TUESDAY.

I'm sorry but it's just a PR move to try to push up prices for Manning and Smith, who shared the same agent until recently.

Someone who knows about a meeting on Tuesday talks about it Tuesday. Even if it's a source's source (which is unreliable enough), you'd hear about it Wednesday, maybe Thursday at latest.

49ers have never been in this. It's us and Denver and every reliable source is saying we're in a pretty commanding lead right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The 49ers have good team and coach and need a QB so it makes sense they would be interested in Manning and maybe even Manning in them. But a big consideration IMO is that Manning has recently born twins and his wife wants to stay in TN. The 49ers are also in the NFC so that is another strike against them and from what I've seen of Munch I think Munch is the type of coach Manning could feel real good about working with. Manning IMO is looking at the long haul and where he wants to settle his family. Going with TN could cement his legacy in the state and he can stay with the organization after he finishes playing. I just think TN is his best choice when you take all things into consideration. Location, weapons, coaches and a team that is going to be competitive.

7. Mark18

Mark18 Camp Fodder

Payton will be a Titan..guranteed. Everything that will be offered to him with a job when he completes his football. Family lives in TN. How can he pass this up

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He could always settle down in TN in a few years if he loves it that much. He could be after another ring more than anything else.

Manning wont have a hard time finding a job after he retires

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Smith did turn down a $24 million dollar offer just last weekend. Which should tell you the 49ers weren't in the Peyton hunt until this week (if at all).

I still think Smith ends up with the 49ers and the Titans end up getting Manning. This whole 49er thing was generated by the media.

Harbaugh is probably watching ESPN saying "what the fu*k?"

10. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

I agree, once word got out that they had a meeting the media ball starting rolling down hill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar