Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyline

Skyline Starter

He's definitely looking for a HC gig. Whether or not he'd want to work for Bud Adams is the big question, I think.

That said, if you want to steal one of our coaches, Zimmer is the one you should target.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Anybody see the latest episode where they played the Titans?

I just caught the 2nd half of it on TV the other day. One thing I noticed was during the preseason game, they had camera's and stuff up in the coaches box so you could hear what they were saying. After half-time when the Titans came out on D, the bengals coaches were surpised to see that our D came out and lined up the EXACT same way that we were before the half, and made ZERO adjustments. It almost sounded like they were making fun a little bit.

I know its preseason, but this is a big concern to me because I have had the same complaint about our D last year. We never seem to make adjustments. Know I have a little insight into how stupid the other coaches think our DC is ... on one play after seeing how we lined up on D, they called the TD before the play even began. (it was a big run in the 2nd half)

Also, I thought it was funny that the bengals D was talking about Battle, and kept saying they needed to stop 'that big mexican dude' lol

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Too soon to say, Gray is keeping the new D under wraps til week-1

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I really want to believe that ... but his history doesn't show that. His history shows that he says all the right things, but puts something else on the field.

The only reason I am optimistic about it being different this year is the fact that we have Greg Williams

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes Greg Williams is his Daddy and will be pulling the strings.

All the defensive players have talked very highly of what our defense is about to be about. Im so ready to be done with these exhibition games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea I noticed that exact thing on the comment with the exact D. Seems to me, we are keeping everything for the real season... At least hats the hope. Otherwise we are screwed.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol someone's salty...

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I seriously doubt we stay in the same D formation every play during the regular season. I really do believe it means for a team like ours that is completely under the radar to always hide the new stuff that hopefully will make us better, even great.

What point would it be to show ANYTHING we are truly doing in pre-season which is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage?

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

seriously no one thinks that was planned outthey just happened to filming him the day he runs out of gas.....I think not

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I agree we are probably not showing everything on either side of the ball. But if this is correct, every team should be doing vanilla and evaluating players. Does this mean that the two teams we have played have been throwing and running, very good in both cases, with their vaniila plays? If so, this should be a concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar