Harper Covering Harrison or Wayne

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey

Trey Guest

So when did you get a real defense? Was it this offseason when you lost Harper, David, Gardner, June, Doss, Raegor, etc etc??? Oh, was it when you picked up that game changing defensive player with your first rounder? Nevermind you took another receiver didn't you?

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I agree with them, Harper is light years ahead of Hill in terms of experience and skill and Herndon may combine nicely with him when he gets 100%. Now that Pac is going to jail we will have to throw a bunch of people in there and see if anyone steps up for the long turn.

On a different note.... Swing, when is Coltfreaks getting fixed?

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Hey..don't sell yourself short....oops...sorry...guess you can't help it....

:loser:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Hill and Harper aren't any different in terms of skill. Unless Hill truly was injured last year for most the season, and then I'd actually give Hill the nod over Harper. Harper won't survive long in this defense. (no that any player could with schwartz)

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

T.O a close 3rd

6. Deuce Wayne

Michael Irvin? Lynn Swan? Art Monk? Heck, even Randy Moss would be above T.O. and maybe Harrison too. Most people put T.O. and Moss at #1 or #2 with the Harrisons, Chad Johnsons, etc following.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moss is above TO. Do the math on average per season and Moss is probably going to the playoffs this season. With the way the Pat$$ were this off season.

Moss + Playoffs = scary in my book even at this age.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I couldn't have said it any better.

To add to that they took an OT in round 2. Hopefully your O can put up about 45 points a game.

Your D is atrocious face it. Our T's will handle your DE's. So after that the only other good player you have is Sanders which hopefully he can cover 3-4 WR's at a time.

9. Deuce Wayne

And Sanders is over rated due to "big hits" where he chops people down at the knees. He's a mini Roy Williams.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't think this question is that serious of an issue. Harper might not come close in comparison with the skill level of pac, but he has spent his entire career playing against both Harrison and Wayne. I think the reason he is a good corner in the fist place is because every day he would have to go up against what many consider to be the second best receiver of all time. Harrison is the reason for Harper’s success and I’m sure it works the other way around too (at least somewhat). Even if Harper doesn’t emerge as our number one corner, he will probably still be the one facing Harrison…Why? Because he has been doing almost every day for the past six years. When Harper lines up against Harrison this year, for him all it will be is just one more day of practice. No one knows Harrison’s or Wayne’s moves, skills, and tactics better than Harper. Trust me…he will be ready. It will definitively be a good match up to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar