Harper Says Things Need to Change for Titans to be the Best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I got nothin but good things to say about Hope, he is an all-pro safety. BUUUT, had Griffin and Finny (or Harper even) been playin on that side on that same exact play, that ball is at worst batted down but most likely picked off.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The long pass to Mason was simply Hope not getting back in time. If Harper leaves his short responsibilities to chase Mason that whole side of the field is exposed.

The pass to Clayton was just one of those weird slightly underthrown passes where even though the defenders were in position their momentum carried them past the WR while Clayton stopped in time to make the catch. Kinda reminded me of the SB catch for a TD by the Rams (Makes me puke thinking about it).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have no idea what to do about that offense but the fact is it's not a scoring machine. Your ranking of 9th in scoring offense doesn't mean as much when the defense sets them up. Not to mention the complete reliance on the running game. 10 points ain't enough. That's where it's at. Crumpler wasn't what he was billed to be. JMAC totally blows. The other receivers... save Gage, maybe Scaife... they look like crap... that is if they even practice good enough to play... you know Collins isn't a beast at quarterback. I want more than a game manager under center. I want better receivers. I want the offense to be as good as that defense. How? I don't know but I do know "not good enough" when I see it. I'm not the GM. I'm not accountable to anyone for simply wanting better. I want a Manning-Wayne kind of quarterback-receiver tandem. I don't see what is so offensive about not being completely satisfied with mediocrity.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

BiPolar; mediocrity seems to be Jeff Fisher's MO. As long as he is the HC, I don't expect anything fun associated with this offense. Just like as long as Schwartz is the DC, we'll never go after A ROOKIE QB STARTING IN THE PLAYOFFS! [still pissed]

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Is that how you would describe it?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The years we were ranked the highest in total offense were the years we had losing seasons except 2003.

We had almost 400 yards of offense against the ravens defense so obviously weaknesses and all, we proved we can move the ball. We had 330 yards and 24 points against the steelers. There are 2 better defenses than those.

We were 9th in scoring offense not counting the last colts game. We didn't turn the ball over and we gave up few sacks. There is not much more than you can ask for.

Should we be more like the saints, cowboys or broncos? Teams that were sitting on their asses watching the playoffs?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The cowboys have the kind of glamour offense that sec wants. Star studded with hot chick girlfriends and super star Wrs. Against a good defense in the last game of the year they fell completely apart. Look at how we played against the steelers and ravens and compare that to the corboys game against the eagles.

Against good defenses this years tony homo and co wilted like a lettuce leaf in a bowl of boiling gumbo.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Harper needs to shut his pie-hole and learn to cover a WR in single coverage!!

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So do the Cardinals and its working for them.

Seriously, the Eagles, Cardinals, and Steelers have more offensive firepower than our team.

To many people are on Kerry Collins jockstrap acting like he is the best thing since sliced bread.

2600 yards passing, 12 Tds, few turnovers is alright, but it's not exactly an amazing accomplishment. It's amazing to me how many people are HAPPY with that. Like they don't want more. I'm with secbipolar, I wouldn't mind a season where we had 3500 yards passing and 25 tds. Just for fun.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

2600 passing yards is directly tied to our receivers lack of playmaking ability. Find me a single 3,500 yard passer who doesn't have a receiver who will occasionally take a slant route 65 yards to the house? Without a home-run receiving threat, you can go ahead and forget about having any 3,500 yard passers in Titans blue. I'm not necessarily 'happy' with 2600 and 12, but I'll damn sure take it over the alternative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar