Harry Douglas to Learn Multiple WR Positions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Harry Douglas is learning X, Y, Z and F in the Titans playbook.

In other words, Douglas is preparing to play all over the field -- not just in the slot. The Titans want to use both Douglas and Kendall Wright (who played 72.7 percent of his snaps in the slot last year) "inside and out." So although Justin Hunter's ceiling is high, we saw nothing to suggest he's going to reach it anytime soon. That should leave Wright, Douglas and Dorial Green-Beckham as the Titans' preferred three-wide set.

I still think he will be very important to our game. Did great as Julio's backup.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I told everyone Douglas was an important pickup. The dude played lights out behind Julio Jones and Roddy White, and he can play inside and out. Sure, he isn't flashy, but effective. Flashy is what DGB and McBride will be for. Wright needs to go in the Slot and stay on his feet....Hunter needs to shape up or ship out. If he doesn't we have Nicks to sub in for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

DGB is NOT cracking the 3 WR set.

Jesus...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Is it really that hard to imagine that he outperforms Justin freaking Hunter? 46 catches in 2 seasons Justin Hunter?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

McBride will be our #1 receiver by next year

DGB will be our Kenny Britt. Shows flashes, but never really puts it all together ... However, at least this time we won't be relying on him as the #1

Wright will be a good slot guy

Douglas will be our Nate ... Savvy vet that just seems to make plays and leads the younger group.

Hunter will just be Hunter

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Considering DGB is crappier version of Justin Hunter?.... Yes. Yes it is really that hard to imagine.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

You don't spend a 2nd round pick on a guy and have him sit at #4. Trust me when I tell you, they will try to force him into the top 3 if they have to. Believe that. Lets all hope he balls out and we don't have to worry about that. I personally think the kid CAN be great if he puts it together mentally.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

According to the coaches at Oklahoma, DGB has something that Hunter lacks, he's a hard worker. A lot of the coaches there were talking about how the light had seemed to come on for DGB. I think he puts it together and becomes a monster.

On Harry Douglas, man the guy was a perfect signing for us. We needed a veteran presence in the WR room. Plus he's really cool. If you follow him on twitter, you probably saw the last two weeks he's taken fans out for dinner who tweet him back and say they want to go. If anyone from the goT boards gets to go you gotta post pictures!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Douglas was an insurance signing, he better learn every job because the coaches will give the 3 younger guys every chance to play..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar