Harvin and Tate...Oy Vei!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Weed is the least of concerns with Harvin. As others have said... the guy is a thug.

Who cares about marijuana use anymore anyways? Seriously... Just go look at the list of NFL players who have, at some point, been marijuana users. Calvin Johnson admitted to smoking pot in college, but assured everyone those days were passed him and was ready to move on.

It's COLLEGE and I'd be surprised if half of the players being drafted haven't smoked a blunt before. The problem comes when players don't understand that when you make it to the NFL, you've got to cut the crap. You have (in recent history) guys like Travis Henry, Matt Jones, etc. who are absolute idiots. They couldn't get it into their head that they're making millions for playing a game... yet they continue to abuse drugs and kill the amazing opportunity of playing in the NFL.

I don't want Harvin, but this really doesn't affect his draft status IMO.

Oh, and I really don't care about Tate. I care about his teammate who happens to be infinite times better than him.

If B.J. Raji were on the board we would snag him, without a doubt, regardless of the drug issues.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Wrong

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

OK I dont know what that ridiculous list of people at the bottom of that page is but don't sit here and compare Percy Harvin smoking some budds to Josh Hamilton having a raging crack addiction. Sure, he's a fool for not preserving his draft value and laying off the weed for a month, sure, but that's not even the same ballpark as Hamiltons issue. And the reason people aren't open about smoking marijuana is pretty simple...ITS ILLEGAL. Of course you can't just gallivant around telling everyone you smoke tree...unless you're a rapper or ColtKiller, cuz I smoke weed every day. Seriously tho...save the 'it ruins lives' line of crap for your 8 year old DARE students partner, anyone who knows what they're talking about knows that marijuana is the least of the problems American's have to deal with. Try taking a look at alcohol if you want something that ruins lives... Weed always takes a bad rap for no real reason...Makes no sense to me...

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

wait? usain bolt smokes weed??? hes the fasted dude in the world.... michael phelps is the greatest olympian of all time, and randy moss has scored more touchdowns in one season than any other WR in the world. bunch of other world class atheletes mentioned... also, i like how actors and musicians on hard drugs are thrown into the mix

5. A BUST????? oh yeah how silly of me, i forgot when a qb comes in to a 4-12 team and nearly takes them to the playoffs and actually gets there the next year it makes him a bust!!!!! the only thing i have to get used to is all the ignorant ppl on this board!!!!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

If he was a choir boy, you wouldn't take him at #30? WHY...?

He's probably the best playmaker in college football, showed at his pro day he can run the nfl route tree - well, and is an explosive player with the ball in his hands. He makes more big plays per touch than nearly every non-qb player in college football.

So why wouldn't you take him in rnd 1? He has top 5 talent...

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

If the players were of equal value (say Britt vs Robiskie), I would agree. The problem is, Harvin has more upside than perhaps any WR in the draft. Hence the dilema...more upside but you can also argue more bust potential. However, most recent players who've failed drug tests for marijuana have not been busts.

Keep in mind that about half the WR's will bust anyway. You can see that as...if he has a good chance to bust anyway, why not take the chance (as the Titans have done with numerous players - mostly successfully)...or you can see it as...why take a bigger chance at busting even if his upside is huge.

I'd roll the dice on him at #30 or...perhaps after a small trade down. I think we have the coaching, location (not NY, LA, or FLA), and vet leadership to help keep him in line. Plus, they have the poster child for what will happen to him if he steps out of line tatooed to the locker room wall. Keep in mind, he kept his head on straight (mostly) during his college years because he had a strong desire to keep playing.

In hindsight, would you have taken Moss in rnd 1?

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

Mediocre? How do you figure???

Gut

9. my only concern with harvin is that he gets easily injured too much!!!!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

My comments in bold...

Michael Ray Garvin is perhaps the fastest player in college. How much of a playmaker is he? I'd challenege you to tell me who he is and I doubt you'd know the answer without looking him up. Most people wouldn't...which is the point!

Is Darius Heyward Bey the best WR in the draft? Was he the biggest playmaker in college football? Isn't he the fastest?

Explosive players aren't the fastest players usually...they just LOOK like it.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar