Has a franchise ever changed their mind on a HC hire? Will Robinson actually have draft/FA power?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CalgaryTitansFan, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Has a franchise ever let go of a HC in the same off-season due to backlash? I'm guessing no and have accepted malarkey ruining next season already, just curious.

Also, I think this hire shows Robinson really didn't have a say in this. Is anyone expecting him to get final say on draft picks and FA signings?

Great weekend of football games. Terrible weekend for titan news.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Was it Belichick who walked away shortly after a deal somewhere?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why wouldn't the new GM have final say on draft picks and free agents?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

As I said in another thread, I bet they are already having second thoughts over this decision. I'm sure they expected the fans not to like it. I highly doubt they expected the reaction to be THIS negative. Lots of diehards and long-time PSL throwing in the towel.

That said, I don't expect them to go back on the hire. But I fully expect he'll be one-and-done barring a miraculous turnaround in 2016 (won't happen).

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Watch AAS pull the rug out from under us and be like "I will be creating a committee for the draft".

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Why wouldn't new GM have a say in the HC?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How do we know he didn't?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

All the reports that have come out from the other candidates appear to be true, they told them all they were hiring Mularkey. The fact that we did not take our time and interview from the playoff teams tells it was a done deal.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Robinson was probably hired with the understanding Mularkey would be the HC. You would think aGM would want to have say but he has never been a GM before. Gotta take what you can get sometimes.

And the Titans GM job should have been an attractive one with having the top pick in the draft, cap space and not having to worry about a QB.

And I do not see any reason Robinson will not run the draft. The team went on about how he had experience in amateur scouting and was good at picking players.

10. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

Because he seems like a sensible person.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar