Has anyone crate-trained a dog?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol okay

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The crate arrived yesterday and Ezra has taken to it like Mrs JCB takes it to Cody after a night out at a college co-ed party.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is why I like dogs when they belong to others. Humans bred the brains right out of that animal.

• Boring Boring x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

So....she pissed all over it?

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Taking over this thread with pics of my 6 month old Chinese Shar-Pei Clarence
    IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0057.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you need to iron that dog

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Looks like a nut sack on an August afternoon.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Takes patience. Crate 1 needs to be small so the dog won't go to the bathroom in it just so you'll let it out. But you have to be consistent when you take them out, meaning schedule it so he/she knows basically when. That will also help later if you decide to stop using the crate. Don't use the crate as a punishment. If the dog gets into the trash, don't immediately throw it in the crate etc. Make it it's den, it's safe space. Otherwise crating will stress the dog. Also, professional training is a good thing but you need to make sure the trainer trains you as well. Any training of any kind is about consistency, don't use different words for the same action. I.E. don't use down to get the dog off the bed or furniture IF you use lay down for that action. Use Floor. They don't get words can mean more than one thing. Hope that helps.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

My dog has taken to the bathroom as her crate

She loves it now. She's been needed to be separated cuz she got spayed now she'll just stay their for hours without whining

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

He Said - My dog was spayed and is comfortable for hours in the bathroom

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar