Has Collins been sacked?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Every week I seem to see us giving up no sacks. The O-Line sounds like they have been amazing week in and week out.

Have we given up a sack with Collins this year?

2. collins1888

collins1888 Guest

i dont know but give some credit to collins. he's been pressured and just either manages to get to ball away to a reciever or throws it away, he did it a few times in todays game v the Ratbirds

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We've had some pressure, but it seems no one or very few defenders have come in free to get to KFC. He has gotten rid of the ball early at times to avoid being hit. OTOH, I think we've been blitzed on 3rd downs and had trouble converting those downs. I'd like to see them get better in that area.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's nice to have a QB who doesn't take sacks and hold onto the ball for forever waiting for a big play that is never there.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

6. Nine

Nine Starter

The amazing thing is, even that sack wasn't really a sack, per se. Antwan Odom slapped the ball out of Collins' hand, which goes in the books as a sack.

But after four games, Collins has not yet been tackled for a loss of yards.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bobo, not to sound harsh, but I really disagree with this contention. KFC has had several huge plays on third down where the rush was coming instantly and he made the perfect read and we got the first down. Week one, his first play was that, the 3rd down pass to Bo. The jags brought the house and he made them pay. He definitely did it at least once today, I wish I could remember the exact time, but it was on one of the last two drives. It's one of the things that I've been really impressed with about him. We may need to work on third downs, but I've found myself wishing that teams will send the house, we're good at taking advantage of that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That jailbreak where Ray came through untouched tells a lot about Collins. He knew he was going to be plowed and dumped off the football for positive yardage.

Collins makes fast decisions and isn't afraid to throw the ball away. That's the main reason he not getting sacked.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The "statue" is doing pretty good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar