Has Houston closed the gap on the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Because they've won the AFC South each of the last five years, the Indianapolis Colts are the team the rest of the division has been built to beat.

The Jaguars won their first matchup with the Colts this season. The Titans won their first matchup with the Colts this season. But the Texans have now lost both their games against the Colts this season - 31-27 on Oct. 5 in Houston and 33-27 Sunday in Indianapolis.

Coach Gary Kubiak, the question is whether you've closed the gap on a team that owns a 13-1 record against your franchise. The floor is yours...

"I was just sitting there thinking about it before I walked over here [to his Monday press conference] -- if you look at us against that football team this year, defensively I would say that we played six very good quarters against them. We've played eight quarters against that team. So, I would say for the first game we played them excellent. We played them excellent for a half yesterday. Offensively, you could say we've played seven and half, maybe even seven and a half plus quarters of good football against the Colts this year. The last couple of minutes yesterday, we make a mistake and of course, we all know about the about the four minutes the first time.

Are we gaining ground? I don't know. We've played them tough, but still they're the ones that have got their victories. You've got to give them credit. So, bottom line in this league, it's about winning. So, we still have not gotten that done this year, and we've got to figure out a way to get that done. So, it just tells you what it takes. I could sit here and tell you about seven and a half good quarters but it doesn't matter. You've got to play all eight of them and figure out a way to win. If you play a bad quarter or two, you've got to make a couple of plays that make up for those things. I think that's our biggest issue right now. When we do make mistakes whether it's defensively or offensively, having the plays to offset the mistakes are probably the biggest issue."

Not sure there is a yes or no in there. But the answer is clear: Maybe some, but not enough.

More...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

No, but still the :coltssuk:, just the cows suck even more.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not sure that Houston's closed the gap. They've always played Indy tough. Houston's biggest problem is that they don't have a quarterback.

I thought Peter King put it best today when he joked that the Colts players will vote Sage Rosenfels a playoff share if the Colts make the playoffs.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is a really strange question to me. I was expecting them to, but they've really struggled this year. I honestly don't know what it is about the Texans, but something always keeps holding them down...

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The Texans are grasping for straws. Their record is slipping this year, a team that's never had a winning season, but they feel better because they're not getting beat by as many points as they used to be getting beat by.....BUT THEY'RE STILL GETTING BEAT!! ??

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That city is cursed when it comes to football.

In the late 80's & early 90's the Oilers were one of the best teams in football yet they spectacularly failed in the post season.

I really thought they'd be tough this year but now it's questionable weather Kubiak will keep his job or not.I hope he stays because I think he's a crap coach.

They have plenty of talent now yet they seem to find ways to lose.Rosencopter is now a legendary screw up.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    worst expansion team Ever!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar