Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Has the NFL peaked?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jan 28, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,003
    But the NFL is making hip and knee pads mandatory next year! :crazy:
    GoT and Scarecrow high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $438
    Well atleast players breaking their ACLs will be down.:disappointed:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,690
    Just another example of how egocentric us Americans are. You've seen how well soccer has done in the US. Soccer is THE sport in these countries. What do you all think about soccer. I prob bet most of you hate it. The US is oozing with money. Just because a place is wealthy doesnt mean they will just pick up the sport right away. I think we are a long way from a foreign franchise except maybe Canada. I just don't see the interest sparking for another 10 to 20 years. More development is needed there. If and only if they are testing really well there do I see any action being taken.
  2. World Peace WAKE UP AMERICA - NFL IS OVERRATED

Moolah:
    $3,650
    I just think the NFL has reached it's elasticity point from an economic perspective.

The poster who made a comment about Brady, Brees, and Manning being looked upon the guys who did well because the rules catered to him is dead on. I think NFL of today is the MLB of the 80s and 90s.

I think Pollard is off when he says the NFL won't be around in 30 years. However, I don't think he is too far off because everyone hates Roger Goodell and he is the type of guy who theoretically COULD TURN OFF THE NATION to the NFL. If he keeps getting his way,

I wonder if the NFL and the MLB are going down the same course. MLB has its own set of problems but MLB had their strike in 1994... Interest died down until Sosa and McGwire showed up... then after that season... interest started to wane.

Makes me wonder if Football is enjoying its honeymoon after it's lock out... before the ship starts to sink.
  3. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,357
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,257
    Sorry but gross. Never been a fan.
    The Hammer high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,257
    NFL Europe was most supported by Germany, and pretty much became NFL Germany.

I'm certain Germany would support a real team and am baffled why we have all these London games but none in Germany. I guess it is the language.

NFL NFC Euro Division:
    London
    Berlin
    Hamburg
    Amsterdam

NFL AFC NorAm Division:
    L.A.
    Vancouver
    Toronto
    Mexico City

Or replace Buffalo with Toronto and make Las Vegas the other team, especially if they build that amazing stadium they are proposing.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,040
    That's insane! I would give up my left nut to keep the NFL intact!

I'd even buttchug if I had to.
    The Hammer and Titans Eternal high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,236
    I doubt that's the reason. Most Europeans, especially Germans, speak English. They gets a lot better of that thar skoolin dan we do heres in da USAs.
  5. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,357
    I've always wanted to pull steve-o like that. Maybe shoot some fireworks outta the black hole.

lol @ margera flying a kite w/ a butt plug. gg
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.