Hasselbeck starting against Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oceanic815, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because it can, with time, become more stable. There's no guarantee it won't pop out the first snap but why not wait and see if it gets strong enough for him to try? If it doesn't, he won't play. But if he gets the surgery, he's guaranteed not to play.

If Jake was a "pansy", he'd had the surgery right away so the pain would be gone. He's gutting it out in an effort to get back out there.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It looked to me like a miscommunication. Jake thought Cook was going to block, Cook thought Jake wanted him to run a hot route and get rid of the ball quickly. It was only Locker's 4th NFL start. He is going to make rookie mistakes. Ponder already has a year of experience under his belt to learn a lot of these things. Ponder didn't look so hot last year, but look how much better he is going into year 2. Thats why I was calling for Locker last year and before the season even began this year. Not becuase I think he is going to take us to the SB right away, but these are the things he needs to learn, and I would rather him learn now than later. If several people would've gotten their way on this board Locker would still be on the bench not learning these things. It takes time to learn these things, but I will bet you that Locker never makes that mistake again though after taking that hit.

It sucks he got injured, but that happens sometimes. Its part of the game, it can happen to anyone. I love Steve, and he was a warrior, but lets not act like he never missed games. He only started 11 games in '99, 8 in '04, and 6 in '07. In fact in his 13 year career, he started all 16 games only 4 times.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

as much as I hate to say it...I'm pretty sure the the sack he took against Houston which resulted in the injury of the shoulder was HIS fault....

I make my point by using the videos below:

2:08 Mark

They look like eerily similar defensive alignments and obviously Jake does not have the experience yet to diagonose that he needs to get the ball into the hot receiver before he gets his ish kicked into next year...Kid is tough but you can only take so many crunchers like that. This is part of the growing "pains" It will be better next season - look at Ponder. Jake needs at least 3-4 years before we can start with a new QB or keep him.

Look at Bradford and others who are still playing for their teams. They've been there for a while. its just part of the process. Hopefully Jake learns from this and doesnt make the mistake a 3rd time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Hasselbeck is boring to watch. I hope he gets sacked 34 times.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I will take the over on that

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our season will be lost at that point, we need Jake in vs Buffalo. Or Rusty. Hass has had it, he's trash now.

7. JCBRAVE

TJ, this is about Titanswillwin2 being angry at certain members. So he calls fan favorites silly names to makes other fans mad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

So he was trying too hard. Not the worst thing in the world. He will get over it.

9. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

watching the houston sack gets me upset more..Cook looked right at him waiting for the hot read...if he reads it: Completion - nice gain and probably a no qb hit or 15 yrd penalty with jake being able to brace himself if he knew where to properly look.

10. JCBRAVE

I thought he learned from the New Orleans game last year, but this could be an on going problem. Normally when Jake Locker makes a mistake, he learns from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar