Hasselbeck wants to get Cook ball more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck wants to do his part to keep tight end Jared Cook happy.

“I know how I feel about him, and I know how coaches feel about him,’’ Hasselbeck said of Cook. “He is a great player. If anything, I feel like I should throw him the ball more. He makes plays for us and I like him a lot. He is definitely a big part of what we are doing.”

Cook didn’t speak to reporters after practice. On Monday, the Titans received a trade request on behalf of the fourth-year pro, although Titans Coach Mike Munchak said the team has no plans to trade Cook.

The NFL’s trading deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m. (Central). The trade request is believed to have been made over Cook’s desire for more playing time – and opportunities – in the team’s offense.

Cook, a third round draft pick by the team, played in only 25 of the team’s 59 offensive snaps (42 percent) during the 19-13 overtime loss to the Colts on Sunday. He’s played less than 50 percent of the snaps in six of the eight games so far, although his play was limited against the Lions and Texans because of a shoulder injury. On average, he’s been targeted an average of five times per game.

Hasselbeck was not aware of Cook’s trade request, but said on any NFL team there’s frustration when a team isn’t winning. The Titans are 3-5 heading into Sunday’s game against the Bears.

“You are going to hit adversity and you are going to hit bumps in the road and you are going to hit times when the team wants to pull apart just a little bit, and that’s when the team really has to pull together,’’ Hasselbeck said. “So you pull together or you don’t. I feel good about what we’ve got, especially with him.”

Posted In: AFC South, League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Then don't listen to what Palmer says, audible, and pass to Cook.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I don't understand this either, hes also a fan favorite. The guy is a nightmare to be dealt with down the field... there are other offensive coordinators that would be drooling over a guy like this and ours can't even use him on field for half of the offensive plays, let alone design plays for utilizing him.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Then do it. Don't overthrow him when he's wide open.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Better give him the ball more...we gotta make this dude happy so he re-signs...

Stupid ass coaches only got him on the field for 25 plays...I know we give them crap, but are they really just that stupid?

6. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

He would have more play time if he would do 2 things ... stay healthy and LEARN TO RUN BLOCK.

When you limit your game, you will have limited time. To think we are going to sacrafice the run game to let your display the weakness of your game is just silly.

He is already one of the most targeted TEs in the league over the last 2 years, so if it was about stats and he thinks other teams will give him more, then he is dumb.

Trade him and move on, let his career go the way of other me players. In a few years, we can all laugh at him doing situps during an interview in his driveway and then feel bad when he attempts to kill himself.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You just made that up. Give me proof! In fact I can give you proof how he was not even in the top 10 in targets among TE's last year!

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He isn't even in the top 20!!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cook ran his own route on that play, there was no communication he'd be doing that.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats rich coming from the guy who's known to make things up. Shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar