Hate to say it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Soooo...what you're saying is:
    1. He was unmotivated during the beginning of his career, up to his contract year.
    2. He busted his hump when he knew there was $$ on the line and showed his true capabilities.
    3. Now he got paid and is again, unmotivated.
    4. He is worth $100,000,000.

:ha::ha::ha:

Hopefully you run the Colts someday.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

A crappy defense full of 'louts'+AH is a team that can win a SuperBowl? You contradict yourself pretty frequently sir.

My opinion.... Albert Haynesworth is.............

Karmarouge. There. I said it. Karmarouge is AH venting to his former fans about his new crappy team. Well guess what buddy...we don't want to hear it. Go take a chop block and end your worthless career.

BTW Titanup....he was offered a $100mil contract with something like $47 or $49mil guaranteed. Definitely enough cake to sit on and quit working for a while. He's probably doing 150 in a Bugatti somewhere in DC right now.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haynesworth is his own worst enemy. He does what he wants, who's gonna make him do anything he doesn't want to do. He's 6'6" 350lbs. The man is a bear, a stubborn lazy bear. He fell to us in the 2002 draft as the 15th overall. He could have gone #1 if his work ethic was half that of most NFLer's. He was passed over for Ryan Sims, who? He's just naturally huge, and can ride on that alone. No need to work out and learn. Maybe Vince should help his boy understand this isn't a league where god given talent alone will cut it. Vince has things that make me think he can one day be one of the most feared players. Same for Haynesworth, but he's already being paid like he is. Haynesworth needs a reality check. Bench him, and force him to be what he can be. Pee in his cheerios each morning. Make him mad, and he'll show why he's dumb rich.

4. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

I'm pretty sure he gets something like 38 Million in the first 13 months of his contract gaurenteed. The rest will have to be earned.

For that alone, he was stupidly overpaid.

5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Ok folks.. I am gonna take all you AH bashers on at one go and i hope you get me this time.

First and foremost. We all agree, AH underperformed the first couple of years of his contract. I could make all kinds of excuses, young kid, just outta college, enjoying the goodlife etc etc...But no i will skip that. He simply under performed. One thing i do remember about our team back then is that we pretty much sucked.. WE definitely werent built for a superbowl run and AH had never experienced that thrill of being in the hunt.

So come his contract years. He busted his hump. He became a dominant force in the NFL, he even became one of the vocal leaders on defense, something he had never done before. He actually got most of us titans fans excited to see the defense on the field.
    Granted what motivated him was the money. But I will argue that once the team actually looked like they were going some where, AH seemed genuinely interested, motivated, fired up and ready to break some heads apart.
    I will argue that once he jumped off that lazy plane and that adrenaline of success and fame, being talked about in print on the net and tv, being the toast of the town he actually got to like it. Granted that the thing that lit the fire was the money, I will argue that some where along the road he also caught that hunger for a championsip.

Now i am not gonna kid myself. The NFL is a business. And only the dumb players forget this aspect.(thats why Jarmacus Russell is one of my heroes, but thats a story for another day:ha:) Dont hold it against a player for demanding to get paid. I have always argued that there is no such thing as an over paid athlete. Every athlete is paid exactly what his market value is at the time.

AHs market value at the time was 100 million (and i believe Deion Sanders and Rich were pretty much calling him the 100 million dollar during highlights of the 2008 season on NFL network)

Let us not hold this against any player. It is a business move pure and simple.

So he made a wise business move but a bad move for his career competitionwise. He chose the money over structure and a probable championship. I wont hold that against him.

I will however still argue that had he been paid to stay here..(i am sure he could have signed for less money..Lets say around 70-80 mil with about 50 guaranteed) he would have stayed the same vocal, motivated leader on a team that previously fumbled away its superbowl to the Ravens..(Many make the argument that titans would have won the superbowl had they beaten the ravens. The steelers and/or any other team coming out of the NFC would have been a cake walk for them)

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Haynesworth def made our whole defense seem better, look at our D last year compared to this year and only 1 player is missing. Haynesworth!

We should be able to replace him some day. but im not sure anyone we got right now is big and strong enough and mean enough to fill his cowboy head stomping shoes.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're forgetting about us losing Schwartz. Not only that, but Harper sucks even worse this year. Not just because we lost Haynesworth either. You can tell he's lost huge strides. Just a fact of life for athletes. Age is your worst enemy. Also, Michael Griffin has been biting on play-action like a 7th round rookie - again, nothing Haynesworth had anything to do with. The defense is playing much better now that Cecil started to work the kinks out and we got healthy. Haynesworth was a difference maker last year and the year before, but he isn't this year, and the Titans were smart not to pay him.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

On Griffin playing like crap: thats not all his fault. The entire defense is built to be over aggressive to eliminate the run game. He's merely doing what he's told and taught to do. Blame Fisher for that. Of course I know you could argue its him out there getting played like a guitar, but when Fisher tells you to do something, you better do it or risk being benched. And as we all know, once your in Fishers dog house, only Bud can save you.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Sell

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Why blame Fisher? He's not the one coordinating the defense. When Schwartz was in there Griff was ALWAYS in position and got lots of interceptions. It seems like haters like u just want to throw Fish under the bus every time something goes wrong. If you want to blame a coach for a defensive player continuing to mess up, blame the defensive coordinator. Obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar