Haters, get your butts in here...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I just got back in town. Glad to see the Titans win looks like it was a close game.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Im not Merril Hodge, but Im not going to wear my " Vince is God " T-shirt anytime soon. Before you put Young into the Hall-of-fame you need to understand the logistics of the game and not take it personally. That being said... it was a great 4th quarter and I hope Young can build on it.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince young is creeping up on reggie Bush in rushing yards too. If he overtakes him, holy moly.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Nobody's trying to put Vince in the Hall--all we want is some allowance that he MIGHT be great--some shared hope. You seem to acknowledge one part of the NFL Draft gamble --the potential bust--and this is always in the mix for everyone--but you don't allow for the opposite [which sucks when the guy plays for your own team]

That's the only thing that gets me about those who are continually pessimistic about draft picks--sports is an OPTIMISTIC enterprise. Even late in the 4th quarter, down big, you're sitting there saying "maybe there's a chance." The analogy for you is you would've been saying the whole game (draft pick's career), "there's absolutely no way this team is going to win b/c x, y, z," and then it happens and you realize you've cheated yourself outta the best part of being a fan--optimism in the face of long odds (you think good NFL qb's grow on tree's?--ask the Bears, the odds are not with you)

5. KG499

KG499 Guest

Merril,
    Hmmm, I dont recall ever saying that Vince should be put in the hall of fame based on his performance. I merely stated that Vince played a great game. and for some reason you disagree. You're pessimism just seems irrational. "Understanding the logistics of the game" - what a bunch of bs. Here's what Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce had to say after the game:

"I don’t have excuses, there are no excuses. We lost the game flat out. Vince Young did a great job for the Titans. You could feel the confidence building in number 10. To me I think it was just him. I don’t know who else to talk about other then number 10. He did a great job today."

I think the Giant's leading tackler would be a credible source to gage Young's performance today. Young played great. Get over it and crawl back into your hole. Im sure you'll come out once he throws his next interception.

6. plato

plato Camp Fodder

Nice Job... So Vince was 10-11 (.909) in the first half! If you throw out the huge drop and the two spikes... Pretty nice.. I think he had one more drop as well in the second half.. It's hard to remember because we've dropped so many passes this year..

I guess you could say he was 24-31 (.774)

Vince also lead the biggest comeback ever by a rookie QB in the History of the NFL..... EVER!

7. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Ha, well you cant throw out stats like that but VY was the most consistent player we had today other then I guess Pac

8. Nine

Nine Starter

*pssst*....TitanPride.....your bias is showing.

So Vince just had a good fourth quarter, huh?

Q1 - 4/5, 30 yards
    Q2 - 5/6, 53 yards
    Q3 - 1/3, 25 yards (Titans held the ball for only 2:53 in the 3rd quarter...seven snaps, total)

Through three quarters, Vince was 10/14, 108 yards. That's a 93.2 QB rating....without including any of his 4th quarter pyrotechnics. (108 yards might not sound like much, but the Titans only held the ball for about 15 minutes through the first three quarters. And last time I checked, 108 yards in 15 minutes was pretty darned good.)

You're dead wrong on this one. What we witnessed tonight is the most phenomenally spectacular performance I've ever seen from a rookie QB in 30+ years of watching football. But you're so jaded by your anti-VY bias, you refuse to acknowledge it.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It sure would be nice if VY had a weapon or two like Fitzgerald and/or Boldin.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I didn't disagree... I stated he had a great fourth quarter, and I hope he can build on it and become a legit star in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar