Hating on you haters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think the thought process behind it is that an Elite NFL QB gives a better chance of winning a Superbowl than an elite runner. So if you think you can trade CJ and draft the next Brady/Manning/Manning/Brees or even Raperburger, it would be better for the long run.

I originally gave an opinion that trading CJ would be ludicrous. But it was brought up when were like 5-3 before the VY meltdown against Washington. Now I'm more willing to get the prototype franchise QB.

It all just depends on how crazy the offer would be for CJ.

2. 24

24 Starter

RBs are expendable. Even CJ. They are largely the product of their OL, and the talent pool for RB in any draft is deep. I love CJ, but sometimes I wish we had someone who got us 4 yards consistently. Add to that his contract issue, there is no point in overpaying him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'the Diva' checks down on 3D too much

4. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Ok sorry guys but I can't keep quiet on this one. Trade Cj? Really? Has it gotten that desperate? Why are we gonna trade him for picks? Look, there have only been 6 guys in the history of the game that ran for 2k and he's one of them. No one has done it twice. Not even close. I would hardly call near 1,400 and 11 yes a bad year. If im not mistaken it was third best. This is like saying the Vikings should trade AP because he has value.

Let's not forget this is a Fisherball team. We could get Tom Brady and that's not gonna change. We run the ball and occasionally score. What Cj needs to be #1 again is an OL that has some clue what they're doing, an OC that's smart enough to understand the type of runner he is and a bruiser to come in and give him a break in short yardage situations. Any "lack of production " this year could easily be attributed to our sorry oline and a pathetic playbook.

Cj isn't a bruiser, but he's tough. He gets it done and isn't injury prone. No way do I give him up for any number or 1st rd picks and chalk it up to rbs being expendable. Mediocre rbs are very expendable. Elite ones aren't. This offense isn't built for anything else than the best rb we can possess. And right now we have him. If he wants money so what? Pay the guy. He does his job better than most and should be paid as such. If they're that uncomfortable with it then fill his contract with conditions and watch him make good on them. I know things are bad seeing as how all that gets mentioned on here anymore is Vy or Fish or let's bring in whatever old or scrub qb we can find to lead us to the promised land but c'mon. You don't can your best player. If he's only got 2 or 3 good years left that's fine. Take his best years and pray the rest of the team gets it together in that window.

Oh yea. About Cam, no thanks.

5. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

1) if CJ keeps up the talks of a "history deal" you can help but think about trading him. do you really think bud is going to want to give CJ his "history deal" NO. so its perfectly logical to think about trade scenarios

2) i agree for the most part

3) Newton is not VY. VYs problem was handling pressure which cam has done acceptonaly well. cam also has a ton of potential and has all of the tools to be a great QB its just can he put it together in the NFL game

6. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

People CJ isn't going anywhere...

Thats a fact so please stop this mess... After thing about it I would give CJ up and our 1st for a elite QB Manning, Brady, someone down them lines

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree, CJ won't be traded...but if someone is willing to overpay then we'd have to listen. Personally I would love to just use him differently. More swing passes, and slants to get him the ball in open space. We run to many hitch routes with him where he catches the ball with his back to the defense. A lot of that has to do with CJ's hands, which he needs to work on, but a lot of it is our scheme as well. We need a bruiser back to run up the middle. CJ is the most dangerous player in the NFL in space, that has got to be taken advantage of.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I strongly agree with #1, agree with #3, and do not agree with #2.

I think McNabb would do HUGE damage to this franchise. I'm okay with Orton, but don't want to give up a high 3rd for him, much less a 2nd. I just don't think he is a winner in this league.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I disagree about McNabb doing damage. He has never been a locker room problem. Give him the weapons we have on offense and he is capable of leading this team to the playoffs and saving Fisher's job. I think he will be option #1 for Fisher and co. I agree about not giving up a 2nd for Orton, a 3rd I could live with.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He'll do damage by going 8-20 with 119 yrds and 3 picks. I think his numbers last year were deceivingly mediocre and he is a bad fit for the team's offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar