Have the Titans given up on Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's also important to note that this years receiving was pretty weak at the top; Donnie Avery taken in the 2nd round was the first to go, so that should tell you something.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This years receiving wasn't weak. The draft was. That'll be known in due time.

The Titans/Young = Atlanta Falcons/Vick.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Uh... except for the fact that the Falcons used consecutive first-round draft picks (2004 and 2005) on wide receivers.

4. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

and got nothing from them, maybe thats a sign

5. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I think we are going wishbone!:moon2:

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

I agree. This is a very poor year for WR in Free Agency and in the Draft. I think that Titans were wise to not throw big money at an avg. WR in FA and not waste a pick too soon a poor WR class.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But they still failed to get anyone decent for their mobile, inaccurate QB.

and I love everyone now saying this year was weak for WR, because none went in the first round. None went in the first round because this year was extremely deep at WR, so teams could address WEAKER areas and scoop a WR later. That's how these things work.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Agreed!

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Roddy White's pretty good. Jenkins is pretty bad though.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No, I don't think the Titans have given up on Vince.

I do think the Titans have screwed Vince. He deserves to at least have had ONE wide receiver that draws double teams and demands attention from an opposing defense. We (Tennessee) have never given Vince that.

It's a very questionable franchise decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar