Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Have the Titans gotten better this week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by steverife, Mar 14, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,239
    Okay, so I know our FA signings aren't the sexiest, but they are effective. Whitehurst knows the system and now we know we are going QB and pressuring Locker even more...Verner is a zone guy, we are going 3-4 man...CJ, sucks and was overpaid and a apparently a bad locker room presence...Stewart was a revolving door, Fitz was okay but made bad decisions...We may not have got "Way Better", but we are cutting fat, adding depth, and narrowing draft decisions/options.....Lets just hope Whiz turns this thing around.
  2. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,248
    If you go by rotoworld , then youd think we were the worst Free Agent team in the league

Rips the Titans GM Webster for a second straight FA year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/285110/titans-overpay-rt-oher-4-years-$20-million

JR1980 high fives this.
  3. THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,135

May be true but Horton's scheme puts his CBs on an island. I'm comfortable with McCourty there and think one of Sensabaugh of BWW has enough talent to pull it off. We don't have the luxury of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor as our safeties (I highly doubt that Sherman would be as productive without these two) so I'm less-inlined to take a risk on a guy like Baptiste. If we were to go CB in Rd 2 I'd be more inclined to go for someone like Kyle Fuller.
  4. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    We got worse at backup Qb.. who cares.

Verner stings.

We got better at LB, and OT (don't like Oher's contract much but he's better than Stewart)

I know this discussion is about this week, but one key factor ppl are forgetting when discussing have we gotten better..

this coaching staff >>>>>
    nbtoppers2 and JR1980 high five this.
  5. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,239
    Is it me, or does it seem like this blatantly says "we don't want to draft a tackle in the first, or early?!!! Ya don't guarantee 9.5 million for a backup on OL....
  6. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,248
    Better than Stewart? You can't get much worse than dead last graded out as a run-blocker which Oher did.
    JR1980 high fives this.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,188
    Dude... Sherman is often left on his own and he always shuts down WRs deep. If it's single coverage and a QB tries Sherman deep it is either incomplete or picked off 9 times out of 10.

I'm fine with Fuller as well... Although I would definitely rather wait on a CB and focus on bigger needs early.
  8. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,239
    I have a feeling Whiz wants his QB of the future, and CJ replacement first and foremost....
  9. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,239
    I agree, but he is better overall, and get ready, because we will be passing a whole lot more with Whiz here
  10. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,248
    Yeah I am expecting a more passing dependent team as well.

Byron Stingley anyone? Did we see enough of him yet to know if he is just a backup or a capable starter in this league?

He would have been much cheaper obviously but to hell with that idea now.