Have we figured out how to shut down elite pass rushers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

imagine if we actually had good defensive players instead of 3rd stringers out there at most positions

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

yeah, we figured it out.. put Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin on they ass !

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm way more harsh with him than anyone else. He was a guard picked at #10. He was supposed to be a can't miss prospect. The best overall player in the draft. But he's a lazy sack of sh*t and has been a massive bust. Shouldn't take a guard that high, but if you do he better be the best guard in the league. Warmack was consistently one of the worst.

I think the potential is there, but he eats too much Taco Bell. He just doesn't care.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

To add context to this... I charted The KC game for Conklin in pass pro.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm just so glad that we have a coaching staff that is willing to go to these lengths to protect the franchise QB and to realize that their are certain game wrecker defensive players that you have to actually game plan against. Whiz would have turned Mariota into the next David Carr. Phillip Rivers has taken 36 sacks this yr.

Their is nothing wrong with chipping, double teaming, leaving extra guys into block...the different techniques that we use help slow down the defense because they have to be more worried about who is actually going to put a hit on them. Unlike last yr when we would leave Poutasi on an island against Watt...Watt was just licking his chops to get after the QB.

Thank you Grimm and JRob

6. Clark

It's smart football. There's no denying that. It's the narrative that is wrong tho. PFF grades have mislead fans into believing Conk is basically a LT playing amazing irregardless of scheme. It's just not true.

He's been excellent at what we've asked of him... and the scheme and coaches have created a very noticible difference. Context doesn't hurt

7. Clark

Another guy cut the second half of the KC game... see for yourself

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't know how PFF grades stuff...all I know is that the coaching staff and JRob have done a truly incredible job of turning our OL around. We are one of the best running teams in the league and yet we are protecting our QB well enough that he is top 10 statistically in a bunch of categories. And we have the whole OL under contract for 2017 at a cap hit of only 13.8mil. Gotta love it. The Cowboys OL next yr will cost them over 40mil

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Pl
    plenty of times in that video that Conklin had no help and held up just fine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Clark

To my count he didn't get help 6 times. This was also late in the game when we didn't have a choice and we needed the offense to have as many options as possible.

You can compare it to my charting pic above. We weren't really letting those 1v1's happen until late late in the game

#20 Clark, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar