Have we peaked with MM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Mariota is playing at a level I am more than happy with. If he plays like this for his entire career, I will be a huge Mariota fan.
    We need a secondary terribly bad. The commentators were really trashing our secondary at the end of the game yesterday, deservedly so.
    I get really upset when Mularkey (Robiskie) keeps trying to force short yard runs with Murray. How many times does he have to get STUFFED before they realize he is NOT built for 1-2 yard runs? We have a monster in Henry who runs it up the middle as well as any back I have ever seen but for some reason, we keep trying to push Murray through and he keeps getting hammered.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I want to see him against KC and Denver. I don't expect us to win, but would like to see how he handles himself. He is going to be under duress for sure. We don't have a speed back to threaten the corner, so they will be stacking the LOS. Both D's are pretty good, and get sacks and pressure.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have an idea, let's stop b*tching about the f*cking offense every week and worry about a defense that can't stop back up QBs playing for horrible teams.

Every week we have MM bashing threads and threads crying about an offense that is vastly improved over last year. Dumb!

We are scoring a full TD a game more than either of the last 2 seasons and in 12 games already have 12 more points that we had in 16 games last year. We are ranked 7th in both total and scoring offense and we are 3rd in rushing offense. WTF are you b*tching about?

How many times in the history of this franchise in Nashville have we been in the top 10 in total, scoring and rushing offense? Never?

MM's passing rating is 101.9. Shut the f*ck up!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Imagine that! A football forum and we actually talk about the entire game - offense, defense and special teams. What kind of place is this? The fact we only manged to put up two FG's in the 2nd half shouldn't be discussed because it upsets you? Why don't you grow the f)ck up?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That quote makes no damn sense. Unless you are inside the 2 at the goaline or need 2 yards or less for a first down there is no play designed to just get 1-2 yards. Murray is a feature back! He is among the league leaders in rushing and had over 1800 yards 2 years ago. Now he can't run inside? That's what you are saying?

The stats totally contradict you. He's averaging 4.6 yards a carry! Those yards came running the whole offense. I'm all for playing Henry more and keeping Murray fresh. To say Murray can't run our whole play book is ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The thread is not about a half of football a poster is wondering if MM has peaked or the team has peaked with him. We still have posters calling him a bust every time he has a bad game.

we had a 24-7 lead against one of the worst offenses(31`st in scoring offense) in the league with a QB nobody could give a sh*t about and we almost lost it!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

See folks? The discussion is NEVER about the totality of the game or the team. It's always about the offense. Titans fans always like to b*tch about how our offense is not creative enough or is too conservative. We could average 30 points a game and these idiots would still be saying that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This forum has conceded that we have a terrible defense before the season even started, but you want to come in here and beat a dead horse. Now who is the idiot? Stop running your mouth about the obvious and try to post something fresh. I doubt you can.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This forum? Show me the thread demanding a new DC? Even if such a thread exists the threads about MM or the offense out number them 10-1!

I'm complaining that too much attention and too much complaining is directed at one aspect of the team, the offense and then you demand holistic discussion about all aspects of the team. So you agree with me? Are you so dumb you don't even know what you are arguing with?

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

You are one angry guy. I would suggest being nicer to the wife, she might give you something to help out...

Now, I guess you have never heard of something like 4th and 1? I mean we had 2 of them last week. Even yesterday we had a couple 3rds with 1 or 2 yards and they tried to run Murray up the middle and he not only got stuffed but hit so hard it is a miracle he didn't get injured.

But since there are no plays designed for 1-2 yards, I guess William Perry was a waste when he would go for 1-2 yards for a TD since there are no plays designed for 1-2 yards.

So anyway, it appears you and I disagree, and that is fine. I will continue to maintain that if we need short yardage, then Henry is the man for the job and you can continue to disagree with me. That is really what message boards are.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar