Have we peaked with MM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

For the record, Henry has been stuffed this season as well when the offense needed 1 yard. The blame for that goes as much to the oline as it does to the rbs. If the oline gets push, then the Rb gets the yardage needed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Before you call people morons and claim you know what the thread is about perhaps you should go back and read the original post. The thread is about Mularkey, not Mariota...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree with that. I am just pointing out, and feel free to go back and watch the last two games to verify, that Murray is getting stuffed over and over on those short yardage plays. When he is in the open field, he is amazing. But 2 yard power runs up the middle is not his forte. I really don't see why people seem to be getting so bent out of shape for me saying that.

In fact the commentator said at some point "Mularkey said in this league ANY RB should be able to get 1 yard." Then they snap the ball and Murray got pounded. So then it was 2nd and goal and they do it again, and bam he gets knocked back again.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Isntlifefunny

Isntlifefunny Special Teams Standout

Peaking? Have you seen our roster? Mariota has played like a top five QB the last two months with a struggling run game and little outside of Walker and Mathews. Add in a defense that rarely causes turnoves, constantly gives up field position, and I would say we are the opposite end of the spectrum. We are clearly trending up, and when Robinson blows up the secondary and brings in some talent we will be contenders.

5. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Our offense is play9ng well enough to win most games. If we put a defense on the field we will probably win more games than we lose, and Mularky has minimal impact on the defense, at least from what I can see, Lebeau calling plays, etc. So no we haven't plateaued.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

AMEN!! THIS is exactly what I was screaming Sunday. There was no need to keep pushing Murray through the game. Henry was picking up chunks & Murray looked gassed! Add to that the fumble he had & it was an obviously BAD coaching decision to leave him in. I am not saying bench the guy. He has done good work this year. I am saying we were up by 20 points; give him some well earned rest. I also believe Henry has earned more snaps. So taking Murray out would have been better both ways. You just tell Murray: Hey we are up by 20, we are going to need you later this season. Take the rest of the game off. Tell Henry: You've looked good in your chances, you've earned the rest of this game; now show me what you can do! It would have been a win-win situation. Sure, he would've had to answer questions at the press conference; but if you have a valid reason, so what.

That was not the only BAD decision he made against the Bears. Sims wasn't playing great; but seeing Cox on the field inside the 20 made me INSANE!! I am ecstatic we cut his sorry ass!!! FINALLY a GM who is not afraid to make real FOOTBALL decisions!! Really happy to see that happen after such a bad performance in multiple weeks. It not only took a bad player (And Millions off the cap), it sent a BIG message IMO. We will have struggles with the young DBs in there for sure. However, I can handle seeing a young DB struggle a lot more than I can a millionaire who has just plain gotten sorry as hell!! He gave absolutely NO EFFORT in several situations!! In others he just made horrible decisions!

We need a much better defense for the games we have coming up on the schedule. However, the play calling must be much better as well. We CANNOT go up against KC, DEN, or the Texans & let off the gas like we did against the Bears!!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

If we had a solid seconary we would be a solid team probably the solid division leader. We have won more games than last two seasons, hard to call that a plateau.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's called short yardage. Call it short yardage! You did not say that in your previous post.

FYI Murray is 2nd in the whole league in rushing with a 4.6 ypc.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I asked the question earlier if we ever had an offense while in Nashville that ranked in the top 10 in scoring, total and rushing offense. The answer is never. Not even close.

The 03 season when McNair was co mvp we were 5th in scoring offense but just 17th in total offense. We were just 26th in rushing offense and 31st in rushing yards per carry. Remember that was when Eddie was in his last season here.

This team is not only 3rd in rushing but we are 2nd in yards per carry.

What more could a titan fan want?

Scoring offense-7th
    Total offense-7th
    Rushing offense-3rd
    Yards per rush-2nd
    QB passing rating 101.9.

Oh and 2 players in Walker and Mathews who have a shot at 1000 yards receiving.

Despite that i bet if you did a poll on whether our OC should be replaced 60% of fans would say yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I'd be part of the 40%.

Not that some of the play calling can be head scratching at times, but changing the OC after our offense is finally firing on all cylinders would be moronic.

The whole team would once again have to learn a new system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar